• Tweets

• Should this to be take into court with him or should he send something in earlier?
    • This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ex-Brighthouse manager available for questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will have to find out if she paid the OSC as it is not clear from the agreement.

Thanks guys.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so she has 25 weeks left to pay on this agreement at approx £6 a week.

Seems to me she would be better off just paying that and forgetting claiming on the insurance.

Can we get the insurance paid to date refunded and not pay any further insurance?

What a rip off:mad:

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi again

£6 a week sounds like she doesn't have OSC in my opinion, but check anyway.

If you were to continue with paying this, as opposed to paying the excess, you would pay £150 until the end of the agreement. If you were to continue without the DLC, you would pay just under £130. This as opposed to paying the £100 excess.

Unfortunately, as you may well be able to reclaim OSC, this is not the case with DLC as it is an insurance. You cannot reclaim past insurance payments, just because you haven't claimed on it. It's a bit like not having an accident on your car insurance, then asking for your premiums back.

The only exception to this is if you can prove that you were mis-sold the policy or forced into it.

So, does your friend have contents insurance, and if so, did they mention this at signing for the agreement, and was she forced into it?

PJ

Edited by plumberjon

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

It's a bit like not having an accident on your car insurance, then asking for your premiums back.

PJ

:D I see what you mean, but if the insurance was worthless, which it clearly is, then what did she pay it for?

She is paying £11 a week and yes she does have the OSC. Have just asked the question.

No contents insurance

Edited by Goldlady
missed a bit

BANK CHARGES

Others

Ok. No contents, but definately OSC.

I'll PM Clemma with a link to this thread and she will be along in a bit and tell you how your friend can challenge OSC, as I am sure you can.

Meanwhile, you have a choice, which I am sure is acceptable with BH. You can either proceed with a DLC claim and try and fork out the £100, then have no further commitments.

Or you can have both OSC an DLC removed, and continue to pay the remaining, much lower weekly repayments, which will cost you about £30 more over the remaining term, as opposed to the excess.

It's not ideal, but it will make it more affordable. BH will probably moan, and they may not alow it, if for example, your friend has a patchy payment history. But, if your friend doesn't have the £100, you have no choice. You won't need to get any re-write letters, as you don't have an item for them to reposess any more! Nor do you need to provide contents insurance proof for cancelling the DLC, you have nothing to insure.

OR, just be damn cheeky, go into the store and tell them you can't afford it, show them the crime number from the police and let them deal with it, after all you have paid over the odds for this item! Worth a try!

PJ

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Hi Goldlady

I think the best way for me to help with this is to forward to you my emails I wrote to Head Office to claim back all the money I had paid into both OSC and DLC. I used the mis-sold route as I was told I had to have OSC otherwise I could not have the goods. As for DLC, well, I had house insurance, but BH refused to accept it as proof that I was covered. However, was your friend under them impression that DLC was as good as home insurance i.e. they would replace the product like for like if anything happened?

The beginning of my first email was

I am writing to request a FULL refund of all payments made into the "optional" service cover for my laptop. After reading advice, it is clear that my rights are covered by the Sales of Goods Act (Implied Terms), and if a fault developed I would be covered. I am still within the one years manufacturers guarantee (add if applicable), and if my laptop developed a problem, Brighthouse would NOT be able to provide me with a loaner (as per your terms and conditions) as a computer stores too much personal information. However, the Sales of Goods Act (implied terms) would cover me if the laptop was to fail. Therefore, the money I have wasted putting into this agreement should be refunded.

AND

I am sure that policies can not be forced upon people as I have the RIGHT to acquire my own insurance, warranties etc. etc, gather quotes, and pick the best provider (should I want them in the first place (which I did not!).) I'm sure this is the same as forcing payment protection, which is basically what OSC is. I was mis-sold both policies with blatent lies ("You have to have DLC and OSC otherwise you cannot have the items").

You need to persevere and be straight to the point with this one as they do take a lot of nudging and reminding to get a reply. PM me with your email address so I can forward the rest of the emails to you.

Pay the access BEFORE submitting the claim...............complete & utter rollcocks. There being an access does NOT preclude the submission of a claim to the insurer. Any access is deducted from the settlement & not paid before the claim is even considered.............and if they claim as much that's outrageous................. also as providers of a financial product are they registered/licened with the FSA??

Edited by JonCris

Pay the access BEFORE submitting the claim...............complete & utter rollcocks. There being an access does NOT preclude the submission of a claim to the insurer. Any access is deducted from the settlement & not paid before the claim is even considered.............and if they claim as much that's outrageous................. also as providers of a financial product are they registered/licened with the FSA??

Flippin' good point there, JonCris!

And yes - er - NO - er... Yes.... well, sort of... BrightHouse are NOT regulated as an insurance provider by the FSA. Their DLC policies are farmed out to a sister company (Caversham Insurance (Malta) Ltd) who ARE... well, sort of... as far as a company operating out of Malta anyway...

TBH, plummerjon's advice of...

"...OR, just be damn cheeky, go into the store and tell them you can't afford it, show them the crime number from the police and let them deal with it, after all you have paid over the odds for this item! Worth a try..!"

...is GOOD ADVICE... Of course, you really need to read between the lines a little... ;);)

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

• 1 month later...
Hi Lefty

The big problem here is we are confusing what is common sense, with what mood the manager is in, the day after his rollocking with his SDM (Sales Development Manager) because his figures aren't good enough!

They will argue every which way but loose to get you to have their DLC because it's a way of getting yet another 10% out of you.

Be obnoxious, stick to your guns. Make sure your existing (or new) household contents insurance covers items in your home that are not owned by you (on HP) and that will suffice.

RE: Brighthouse DLC.

Here's a good one for you, lol. Whenever I have purchased an item from Brighthouse they have forced me to take out DLC, even though my insurance covers fully any item in my property, including HP. They isnsist I show them my House Contents Policy, which I do. They then phone my insurance company in front of me and ask them, "Do you cover the interest on hire purchase agreements". Obviously no insurance company would. They then tell me my insurance is not good enough and I have to take out DLC. So even with house contents insurance you can't win I guess?

RE: Brighthouse DLC.

Here's a good one for you, lol. Whenever I have purchased an item from Brighthouse they have forced me to take out DLC, even though my insurance covers fully any item in my property, including HP. They isnsist I show them my House Contents Policy, which I do. They then phone my insurance company in front of me and ask them, "Do you cover the interest on hire purchase agreements". Obviously no insurance company would. They then tell me my insurance is not good enough and I have to take out DLC. So even with house contents insurance you can't win I guess?

Now hang on a cotton pickin' minute!!

Exactly what are we supposed to be insuring here with this DLC (Dubious Liability Conn!) Hey! That sounds gooooooood!

I hereby set all caggers a challenge, find me an insurance policy that will cover for interest and charges on an HP agreement. Utter rollocks.

DLC, is to protect the value remaining of an item which is subject to an HP agreement, that is either, lost, stolen or has received accidental damage that has rendered it beyond economical repair. AND it only protects BH's interest in that item, therefore it doesn't provide you with a new item, meaning you end up with nothing, you become the weakest link!

THE ITEM, NOT FUTURE INTEREST REPAYMENTS!

And if they really used this approach with you, then they have broken the law by mis-selling you an insurance policy! End of!

PJ

Wow!! Awesome speed on replying, lol. Thanks very much. Well this is the approach, and they used it more than once I can tell you. They insist that if the Home Contents Policy doesn't cover HP "Interest" then I "Have" to take out DLC. I could never reason this out with them and I have always been forced to take out DLC on all my agreements despite showing them proper contents cover. As I said earlier, they actually telephone the Insurance company in front of me, lol. In fact I have recently taken out another HP agreement with them, and am paying a ridiculous amount of DLC when my contents insurer states that they will cover HP items (Obviously apart from interest). Anyway thanks for your reply, much appreciated. =)

Well in that case, this is something that I want to pursue to the end, because this is blatant mis-selling of an insurance policy.

I have a good friend, in the media, who is just gagging for something like this, and she might want to talk to you. Would this be OK?

PJ

You will probably be able to claim back all payments made into DLC by kicking up a stink with Head Office. Ask your insurance company to send a letter stating "HP product's are covered by the policy as long as you are legally responsible for them". I did this, and I claimed back ALL the money I had paid over the 2 years or so. It took 2 emails to receive the money (admittedly, they only paid off 2 agreements, but it saved me money) ;)

Thanks very much clemma, I'll get right on it. Plumberjon - thanks again for your reply. I dislike any media attention (little shy lol) but I tell you what. If I can't get anywhere with these people (Brighthouse) and get a full refund of DLC then I'd be happy to take this as far as possible, including using the media. So please bear with me and watch this space, lol. Thanks very much all.

Hi there,

I'm just looking for a little bit of advice on how to proceed.

I defaulted on my agreement at the end of last year and, when I was about 3 weeks in arrears they turned up at my door. I was raging because I knew this was illegal, however these people can be quite intimidating. Anyway I was at work but the person in said I no longer lived there. Anyway, I decided to ignore them and haven't been in touch since. I have also moved home for real now.

Thing is, I did not mean to act deceitfully but I know how abrupt these people can be and to be honest they are a law unto themselves. Now I want to get this sorted but I can't afford to pay the lump sum they will no doubt demand and, in fact, I no longer have any need for the "goods" :rolleyes: that I have so I am more than willing to return them.

How should I best proceed? Will they still harrass me for payment once I have returned the goods? I should have said that my weekly payments were only about £20 a week but that through absent-mindedness I let myself get too far behind.

Your advice is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

You can barr all incoming telephone calls.

I think BT offer the service free.

My telephone company charged a small fee how ever all the barred calls that were made to my number appeared on my bill.

Good evidence .

Hi there,

I'm just looking for a little bit of advice on how to proceed.

I defaulted on my agreement at the end of last year and, when I was about 3 weeks in arrears they turned up at my door. I was raging because I knew this was illegal, however these people can be quite intimidating. Anyway I was at work but the person in said I no longer lived there. Anyway, I decided to ignore them and haven't been in touch since. I have also moved home for real now.

Thing is, I did not mean to act deceitfully but I know how abrupt these people can be and to be honest they are a law unto themselves. Now I want to get this sorted but I can't afford to pay the lump sum they will no doubt demand and, in fact, I no longer have any need for the "goods" :rolleyes: that I have so I am more than willing to return them.

How should I best proceed? Will they still harrass me for payment once I have returned the goods? I should have said that my weekly payments were only about £20 a week but that through absent-mindedness I let myself get too far behind.

Your advice is appreciated.

Hi

I used to work for Brighthouse as a manager, my advice to you is if you no longer want the item ask them to come and get it, if they mention the arrears advise you can only aford to pay it back at £1 a week they wont pursue you for money once they have the item back so you wouldnt even have to pay this, and I know they wont take you to court as it isnt viable for them to do this. Anything else just ask

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My turn for a problem.

I have an agreement with Brighthouse which I took out last March 2008. Just before xmas the Phillips dvd surround system broke and did not play dvd's anymore.

Did not have service cover but as within 12 months they said they would repair it. They came and collected from home (inc. remote) but could not provide a loaner as they did not supply surround systems any more.

12 weeks went by :evil:. No calls, no fixed item etc... I went into store and asked for an update - "backlog of faulty xmas items".

Manager agreed that as they could not supply a replacement model, if I got the unit repaired myself they would deduct the charge from my agreement. Manager arranged for the return of my dvd player.

Went to collect dvd - no remote. Phillips cannot repair without the remote. Manager said will get replacement.

Another 12 weeks, 3 wrong remotes ordered and now out of 12 month guarantee period.

What should I do?

My turn for a problem.

I have an agreement with Brighthouse which I took out last March 2008. Just before xmas the Phillips dvd surround system broke and did not play dvd's anymore.

Did not have service cover but as within 12 months they said they would repair it. They came and collected from home (inc. remote) but could not provide a loaner as they did not supply surround systems any more.

12 weeks went by :evil:. No calls, no fixed item etc... I went into store and asked for an update - "backlog of faulty xmas items".

Manager agreed that as they could not supply a replacement model, if I got the unit repaired myself they would deduct the charge from my agreement. Manager arranged for the return of my dvd player.

Went to collect dvd - no remote. Phillips cannot repair without the remote. Manager said will get replacement.

Another 12 weeks, 3 wrong remotes ordered and now out of 12 month guarantee period.

What should I do?

Hi

What a nightmare you have had but unfortunatly this is always happening at brighthouse. 1st of all they are are not adhering to their side of the contract as they are not supplying you with an item that is in full working order therefore you can get out of your contract. 2nd they should have a spare remote in the local service centre as remotes are always getting lost from the items hence why the company policy is to not take the remotes when the system goes in for repair. If they order you a remote it will be a universal one as this is cheaper for them to buy in. I would suggest that you ask them to get you an origional remote from ebay and credit your account for the 12 weeks you have been without the system and also for the repair as it is their fault it is now out of gaurentee. But I would get them to repair it and give you a loaner they always have systems available for loan the reason they wouldnt of given you a loaner is that you have no OSC not that they dont do them anymore. Or you can ask for a replacement of a newer model due them failing to keep to their side of the agreement yet you have kept to yours, cause believe me if you missed a payment they would sharp be at your door. Hope this helps

Hi

What a nightmare you have had but unfortunatly this is always happening at brighthouse. 1st of all they are are not adhering to their side of the contract as they are not supplying you with an item that is in full working order therefore you can get out of your contract. 2nd they should have a spare remote in the local service centre as remotes are always getting lost from the items hence why the company policy is to not take the remotes when the system goes in for repair. If they order you a remote it will be a universal one as this is cheaper for them to buy in. I would suggest that you ask them to get you an origional remote from ebay and credit your account for the 12 weeks you have been without the system and also for the repair as it is their fault it is now out of gaurentee. But I would get them to repair it and give you a loaner they always have systems available for loan the reason they wouldnt of given you a loaner is that you have no OSC not that they dont do them anymore. Or you can ask for a replacement of a newer model due them failing to keep to their side of the agreement yet you have kept to yours, cause believe me if you missed a payment they would sharp be at your door. Hope this helps

Thanks for this. I gave them a print out from Partmaster (as an ex-Dixons employee) detailing the remote model no. and price and offered to get one. They refused stating that they would order me one themselves. The first remote to come in was indeed a universal remote. I insisted on an original which they agreed but still let me use the universal in the meantime. Since then I have had three incorrect remotes ordered.

The manager has told me that they do not do surround sound DVD systems any longer which is why they cannot supply me with a loaner or replacement.

I have taken my own extra warranty ( with dom and gen) which I do with all of my high priced items and appliances, so can get the unit fixed if necessary. I just don't want to go without a unit for another 12 weeks.

Thanks for this. I gave them a print out from Partmaster (as an ex-Dixons employee) detailing the remote model no. and price and offered to get one. They refused stating that they would order me one themselves. The first remote to come in was indeed a universal remote. I insisted on an original which they agreed but still let me use the universal in the meantime. Since then I have had three incorrect remotes ordered.

The manager has told me that they do not do surround sound DVD systems any longer which is why they cannot supply me with a loaner or replacement.

I have taken my own extra warranty ( with dom and gen) which I do with all of my high priced items and appliances, so can get the unit fixed if necessary. I just don't want to go without a unit for another 12 weeks.

Hi

Email head office off their website as in the terms and conditions they have to supply you with a loaner, also ask the manager what they suppose to do as they arent adhering to the terms and conditions of the osc, (they hate you quoting the T&C's) you will at least get a credit each week its away, keep pushing for your remote again mention this to head office as for every customer that complains the manager's bonus and payrise is at risk so you will find every time you contact head office the store will start to bend over backwards for you. P.S if you arent satisfied with the manager's response after complaint escalate it to a regional manager and further. you get more the higher you go.

Hi

Email head office off their website as in the terms and conditions they have to supply you with a loaner, also ask the manager what they suppose to do as they arent adhering to the terms and conditions of the osc, (they hate you quoting the T&C's) you will at least get a credit each week its away, keep pushing for your remote again mention this to head office as for every customer that complains the manager's bonus and payrise is at risk so you will find every time you contact head office the store will start to bend over backwards for you. P.S if you arent satisfied with the manager's response after complaint escalate it to a regional manager and further. you get more the higher you go.

I can agree with that! I had to put up with the rubbish they spouted for 4 weeks until I demanded to speak to the Regional Manager. I also got Head Office involved. It's amazing how they change their attitude towards you when you do go higher up the chain.

I am no longer a customer (I took my name off the joint agreements that I had with my ex-husband) and I can tell you now that the staff were relieved. It got to the point where they would not speak to me on the phone or in the store.......they really do not like it when you know your rights :D

hi everybody. brighthouse arent as clever as they want you to think. six years ago my daughter in law died leaving my son with 3 young children, i was in kent working so travelled home over-night. the day after she died my local brighthouse rang and asked for my daughter-in law. i was fuming and not in the mood for a snotty slip of a girl telling me that she still had to keep up the payments. i spoke to her manager and informed him that i would speak to him after the funeral. when everything was sorted, i phoned the manager and asked for his area managers phone number, he reluctantly gave me a number, i called it and got an answer machine, i left him a message, i was on my way back to kent. the man rang me and asked me what the problem was, i told him, i also told him that i was on my way to london to appear on kilroy to do a show about suicide,(my daughter-in-law killed herself.) he nearly choked, he must have sh-t himself, i asked him for his regional managing directors phone number, or get him to ring me. i got the call an hour later, he apologised for the mix up, and as a good-will gesture and as a gift for the kids they could keep all the goods (a total of 17k at there prices.)flowers where delivered to my home for my wife, and a written apology to us all. oh! and kilroy i cant stand the man. (1 up for the little man.) scousemonk

• 2 weeks later...

as an ex brighthouse employee i totally get where your coming from.

it was a job. i worked on the shop floor in sales. it was my job to sell. it was my job to get you to sign this contract. t was my job to make this "agreement" your signing look attractive.

some people cannot get a credit card

they cannot borrow from banks

are not eligable for an overdraft

and are stumped my other lenders.

yet, a single mother who's cooker/fridge/tv/sofa is no more. this is thier last resort.

brighthouse will tell you they are sensible lenders.

"we will not lend you more than 10% of your weekly income. you will not have to pay us back more than 10% of your income back weekly"

they do not tell you that once they build up a rappor withthem they will lend you more.

some customers with a weekly income of £200-250 were paying us £50-70 a week.

dlc is NOT compulsory. but for large/expensive items you must prove you have home contentscover (that will cover hire-purchase goods) its often cheaper than BH cover. and does more.

looking back at my time in brighthouse i enjoyed it. the staff were mainly horrid. the way the company worked was VERY sly and the reputation did not help popularity. but i got along great with customers, and fitted in well with what the job needed from me. however i wouldnt like to be in that position again. knowingly "trapping" these practically desperate people into contracts that they believe is theyre last hope

more options need to be out there. i dont know what, but something.

**would like to appologise for spelling mistakes. no spell check on this forum for me**

ll-whatthehell

Hi, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if anyone could help?

I became a new customer at Brighthouse just 2 weeks ago and was successfully accepted for a new TV.

When the TV came it looked in perfect condition, but after setting it up, it doesn't work.

In your opinion, what will happen if I go to the store and speak to the manager and tell him what happened?

I've had problems with shops before, I bought a second hand computer, the same thing happened but when I took it back to the shop, they said that they had tested it before it went out and that they couldn't do anything.

Is this likely to happen again?

Thank You for your replies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks