smt37 vs Morgan Stanley/Goldfish/Barclaycard ** ORDER TO PRODUCE CCA CPR31.16 WIN ***

smt37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The whole basis of the system not recording a ccj for 30 days after it is awarded is to allow people to dispute debts -so IF you have the funds to pay within 30 days of a ccj being awarded if you lose the case then it is not recorded

In this case, if I decided to stop paying those creditors that have no CCA, then I should be prepared to settle in full within 30 days if a judge ruled against me for whatever reason.

I had better get the cash together then. Roll on next March. This is when I'll be in a position to do this after 3 years of a DMP!!!

Hi smt37

Well done on your earlier success in court.

Sorry to be the last to congratulate you but I had lost the link to your thread but am back on it now.

Great work and thanks to Pt for all his advice to you........and thereby us all.

Seems Pt was right, the CPR way is the right path.

It gives us all the power to fight the beggers and keep on at them.:D

I am at the same point as you with Bcd and an old MSDW/MS/Goldfish/Bcd.

Have now been hassled by Mercers/Calders and now Power2contact/CSL.

The account is in dispute and it seems they just dont read the letters advising them of OFT guidleines................or maybe the staff training does not extend to basic reading and comprehension!:lol:

Anyway, I am not trying to hijack your thread - just saying thanks for keeping us all so well informed of your progress.

Good luck!

Will watch with interest what develops and will advise of any progress or interesting developments (as opposed to the usual crap they dish out as smoke screens) on my thread cloggy v barclaycard.

Cloggy.

• Haha 1

Hi Smt,

Did you not find what you need in the link in post #252 above.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Dude

right sorry for the delay

the agreement they produced, is it compliant with the act? do you have a link to it at all? if it is non compliant, then you could start part 7 proceedings against Barclaycard

it would be helpful to know what it was they disclosed, an injunction may well be unnecesary if the agreement is defective as you could seek declaratory relief by order under s142 CCA

Hi PT! Welcome back.

See post 240 above. It explains where I am now. Basically, they have not got the agreement for the debt in dispute, but can only find an old one, which was settled in 2003/4.

• 3 weeks later...

Subbing, also wanted to ask when going for unenforceability and requesting CCA's, CPR's and when issuing proceedings does it matter that minimum payments are being made towards the debt?

Thanks

Subbing, also wanted to ask when going for unenforceability and requesting CCA's, CPR's and when issuing proceedings does it matter that minimum payments are being made towards the debt?

Thanks

Everyones situation is diferent and it depends on what your end game. Once you have failure to comply with a correctly submitted subject access request you have every right to withhold payment - just don't be suprised when the debt collectors get involved and the telephone calls and letter start.

This isn't an easy process and there is no garauntee of success but for some of us we have no choice as our finances are that bad bankrupcy would be the only other option.

Would suggest not to withhold payment until the creditor has had every chance to supply a correct consumer credit agreement. Then you can hold your head up in court and say 'this was the only way I could get to see the agreement I'm alleged to have signed'.

Oh and congrats smt - hope you find out how to do your injunction and let us know.

Edited by freethemice

I'm talking about a moral right here not a legal one as it does seem to me to be the only way to force the issue when the creditor is been illusive and sending you s78 letters and reconstituted agreements.

I would worry that continuing payment could be construed as an admission of debt though.

Would be intrested on views as to how this would be viewed in a court room though.

I'm talking about a moral right here not a legal one as it does seem to me to be the only way to force the issue when the creditor is been illusive and sending you s78 letters and reconstituted agreements.

I would worry that continuing payment could be construed as an admission of debt though.

Would be intrested on views as to how this would be viewed in a court room though.

sorry the point i was making is that SAR is not the correct way to get a copy of the agreement

under SAR the other party is obliged only to send you the INFORMATIOn is holds about you and not the actual documents that you may have signed

s78 is the correct method to request the agreement whereupon the creditor may not enforce the agreement if he fails to do so within the prescribed timescale

No, but withholding payment may be the way. I only stopped paying some of my OC's as a way to get their attention:confused:

Agreed. When I CCAd the DCA, nothing came back within the supposedly allocated time. Soon after that I withheld payment and stuff just started flying through the door and out of six accounts, HBoS supplied two that had signatures and were correctly executed and the other four were just dog-fodder.

Incidentally, can anyone clarify where this '12+2 days to supply' comes from. because I can't see it in th relevant sections of the Act.