smt37 vs Morgan Stanley/Goldfish/Barclaycard ** ORDER TO PRODUCE CCA CPR31.16 WIN ***

smt37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Classic...

I CCA'd Goldfish for a credit card account and they sent me a card carrier. I complained and they wrote back and said that it was definitely enforceable and sent me the same thing again - however, what they actually sent me was someone else's CCA (which was still unenforceable). It contained address details, employer's details, salary, bank account, all the usual stuff.

I've complained to the Information Commissioner and sent copies to the other person too.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Update:

Information Commissioner ignored the complaint. I complained to Barclaycard again, so they responded with a final response and sent me a CCA. This time is was for another person: not me, not the other one they sent in October, but a whole new person. They really are completely incompetent... I guess I'll just complain again to the IC and the FOS now - although what's the point, it's not going to get me anywhere.

My daughter sent a SAR to Barclays about her Morgan Stanley account, in mid January. Today she has received a list of copy statements, for a man living in the West Midlands. She, by the way, lives in Hampshire!

The account numbers are different - as you would expect. It is a visa card, hers is a mastercard. The only thing they have in common, is a surname.

Now is it just that they have put the wrong cover note in with the statements, and Mr X in the West Midlands has my daughters details, or judging by the other postings, this is a regular occurence for Barclaycard?

Alan

My daughter sent a Subject Access Request to Barclays about her Morgan Stanley account, in mid January. Today she has received a list of copy statements, for a man living in the West Midlands. She, by the way, lives in Hampshire!

The account numbers are different - as you would expect. It is a visa card, hers is a mastercard. The only thing they have in common, is a surname.

Now is it just that they have put the wrong cover note in with the statements, and Mr X in the West Midlands has my daughters details, or judging by the other postings, this is a regular occurence for Barclaycard?

Alan

Blimey... it sounds like its a lucky dip operation theyre running :(

Would love the press to get wind of this... personal info security is a big headline these days... one which Sharkleys could do without :-D:-D:-D

• 4 weeks later...

Did you change much from PT's guide? I would like to use it but it is marked as being a work in progress and not complete. Did you just identify which paragraphs they had breached and leave the rest of the witness statement and draft order as PT suggested? Could you even possibly post a copy up on your thread, or would you prefer to keep it out of the public domain for now?

I more or less used PT's guide. For the breaches, I identified 3.1(a) and 3.2©, which were both related to not sending the CCA. They did send one actually, but it wasn't mine.

Do you know if they will be required to attend the hearing? I can't wait for them to produce someone else's CCA, claiming they will use it to defend an injunction.

I'll update the progress here.