Lloyds TSB Credit Card Balance Transfer Fraud

Morgan33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At some point in September of this year I received an automated message from Lloyds Bank, that a possible fraud had been committed on one of my accounts. I checked all the accounts on-line and everything seemed in order, so dismissed the message. Some time later I went online again to check my accounts and noticed that a balance transfer had been completed from an unknown credit/store card to my credit card account, of the sum of around £3000. I immediately contacted Lloyds, who told me that they would change my credit card details and send me a new card and pin number, and that I would be fully refunded of the sum taken and any costs that arose from it, as I was insured. Also, I would receive a letter for me to sign, to declare that a fraudulent transaction had occurred. I received a new card and pin number as promised, which was great. However, the declaration never arrived so I wasn't reimbursed as promised. I called Lloyds again and was told that the letter would arrive in the next two weeks and that another new credit card would be created and sent to me as well, for some reason. I explained that I had already received a new card. The new card arrived as promised but no declaration. On Wednesday or Thursday of the week ending Friday 17th October I received a credit card statement still containing the fraudulent transaction and all subsequent costs. Please believe me when I say that the irony was somewhat lost on me when I noticed that my credit limit had increased, I assume as a direct result of the fraudulent activity. Anyway, unsure of what I now owed as there was no mention of what the balance was before the fraud, and increasingly aware that the two week arrival time for the declaration was almost upon me, I called Lloyds again and they told me that the declaration would arrive imminently. If I needed a point of reference they could send me the previous month’s statement, if I'd lost my own copy. I declined the offer, and they also said that I didn't have to pay any of the fraudulent monies. The conversation ended. On Monday 13th October I rung Lloyds again, as the two weeks was up and the declaration hadn't arrived. I was told that declarations were no longer required as of Friday 10th October; a new procedure is now in place. However, they were not able to explain why the declaration had not arrived earlier, why my account had not already been refunded in light of the new procedure, or why I had received two credit card changes when surely one would have been adequate. They also told me that they'd put a marker on my account so that someone could pick it up and deal with the task of removing the fraudulent transaction. Currently, I'm waiting for this to happen and phoning Lloyds on a daily basis for signs of progress. I'm ashamed to say that I just feel like I'm being given the runaround, as the crux of the matter is still to be resolved. Please, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Not really sure what you are asking for here - LTSB seem to be dealing with your problem (albeit in there own haphazard manner!) - seems that they have not lived up to what they said they would do - but seem also to be covering you for any loss you may have suffered. Just keep the pressure on them to produce what they say they will.

All sorted now, well nearly. After I posted the original thread, I rung LTSB again a few days later and they told me that it could take up to six weeks to investigate this issue. If only my expectations had been handled differently earlier, I feel it would have given me peace of mind to sit and wait. However, having received a letter explaining that a fraud had been commited and the monies had been refunded I went online to see what it looked like. To my surprise, I was now in credit by the sum that had originally been stolen. In other words they'd minused the amount twice. I reported the mistake this morning and I'm confident this will also be dealt with and that the end is in site. Thanks for your help.