I'm dead but DCA please come & collect!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has to be one of the funniest threads I have read in a while.

Sweepstake though, I take Robbers Way to be the next DCA to try and collect on the OP's brother's debt. :D

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just discovered this thread. It would appear the DCAs have learnt nothing in the 3 years since the first post, I am sure the content will be of use to others being chased for money where the account holder has died.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

DCA's will never learn CB IMHO they are staffed by

inbred offspring of those who who started the God forsaken

industry, they barely ever see the light of day and drag their

knuckles around the threatogram machines muttering arcane threats

of the havoc they can cause with a letter barely recognisable as

the English language, and chanting the mantra of WE WILL MAKE YOU

PAY over and over again.

Then they relax with their crayons and colouring books with a tomie tippee

cup of dandelion and burdock.

This is of course my personal considered opinion of the life

of the lesser spotted threat monkey.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They are still at it,the previous occupier of the property i live in died,the pile of mail that was here when i moved in was all marked deceased and returned to the sender.

The DCA's still write demanding the debts be repaid,i return everthing with........ deceased,dead,extinguished,no longer alive written on the envelope just incase they don't understand the meaning of deceased.

One stubborn DCA was demanding a copy of the death certificate,i never knew the person and in no way related to them.I put a good stash of cigarette ash in the envelope and a note quoting the local cemetery plot 42 with the number of a local psychic........they did'nt write back again.:lol:

They are still at it,the previous occupier of the property i live in died,the pile of mail that was here when i moved in was all marked deceased and returned to the sender.

The DCA's still write demanding the debts be repaid,i return everthing with........ deceased,dead,extinguished,no longer alive written on the envelope just incase they don't understand the meaning of deceased.

One stubborn DCA was demanding a copy of the death certificate,i never knew the person and in no way related to them.I put a good stash of cigarette ash in the envelope and a note quoting the local cemetery plot 42 with the number of a local psychic........they did'nt write back again.:lol:

You are evil!! Funny though!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Ive just found this thread, and it highlights the disgraceful lack of diligence of these ****.

What I would be inclined to do would be to say he's moved on, and give either the latitude/longitude co-ordinates of his grave (say you don't know his address) or the crematorium, or the info in the following way "C/O Plot 123/Remembrance Garden, City Council, Any Street, Town" plot 123 being the grave plot, or garden of remembrance, and the road where the cemetery is. I wouldn't point out its a cemetary. Hopefully they'll write using the address you give them and get a reply from the appropriate office. Not that it will do any good because the monkeys are de-programmed when they start work so that only basic life support functions work, conscious thought and reason is not required.

It has been reported in the past that a certain DCA actually telephoned a hospital where the person they were after was in critical care & asked the staff to pass a message on. :jaw:

Why doesnt this surprise me ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There was also a report of a bank agent pursuing a

deceased soldiers credit cards very soon

after ithe death was reported:!::mad2:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 year later...
It has been reported in the past that a certain DCA actually telephoned a hospital where the person they were after was in critical care & asked the staff to pass a message on. :jaw:

This happened frequently enough at the hospital that I used to work at that the Patient Support team felt the need to issue staff guidance on how to deal with the calls. We're talking probably 5 years ago?

Complete bottom feeders, I'm afraid.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: