Egg Termination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my egg card was terminated by them in march this year despite being up to date, I have read various threads on this but can not conclude whether anyone has successfully argued if they can apply interest or indeed hold you to the balance on a terminated account.

I can no longer pay them the minimum payment and so dont know what approach to make ?

I have questioned the matter with them on the phone and they say they have only terminated my right to borrow further money ?

Any thoughts appreciated !:)

To me it seems hard to dispute why the balance outstanding should not be repayable, given that Egg is content with the old rate of minimum monthly repayment. It looks easier to dispute the continuing high rate of debit interest accrued and compounded monthly, when Egg is no longer offering the convenience and service of a credit card for which you signed on originally, accepting the high rate of interest for that reason. Now that your card account has effectively turned into a loan account, a lower rate of interest would be reasonable.

I have not heard of anybody opting out of payment with impunity, except for the following case which seems to have ground to a halt in the shape of an ongoing mexican standoff, with no final resolution and no debt repayment enforcement via court to date. If you have no appetite for a knockdown drag-out court fight as anticipated in the thread below, then a negotiated lower monthly repayment is an option. When Egg and their DCA realise you have no readies available they will realise there can be no blood flowing from a stone.

Good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/136848-termination-egg-credit-card.html

Edited by Mistermind