No reposnse from Barclays or Information Commissioner - what next?

Firefly100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a bank charges re-claim case which was put on hold pending the OFT high court case. I attended court back in August 2007 when my case was stayed and the judge informed me I could append any new charges made since filing the claim to my existing claim. During this time I moved house. My husband and I both wrote to Barclays informing them of the new address and my husband continued to get statements but mine stopped as despite the fact that the change of address letters were in the same envelope they did not update my details. Anyway, thanks to this mess up I missed about 8 months statements (Feb 07 - Sept 07) and during this time I think I was charged around £400 in charges... I want to get the paperwork for this together so all my paperwork is in order ready for when the stay is (hopefully) lifted from my re-claim case...

Firstly I went into the branch to try to get copy statements for this 8 months and despite their telling me these would be sent out they have not arrived.

I therefore wrote to Barclays back on 1st April 2008 requesting the copies be sent out. They still did not arrive. I wrote again on 23rd July using an official template asking for a list of all the charges for this period and enclosing a cheque for £10 quoting the 40 day deadline. I did not get a response.

On 1st October I emailed the Information Commissioner to complain about the fact that I had not had a response for over 40 days. I attached copies of my letters. It is now 21st October and I have still not had a response either from Barclays or from the Information Commissioner.

I emailed the Information Commissioner again this morning to try to chase them but am starting to feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall with all of this.

I would really welcome some ideas from you as to what I can do next to get hold of the statements.

Thanks everyone.

Hi FF,

Re the ICO, I'm sure they'll get back to you but they may be under pressure so you may need to be patient with them a while longer.

Re the bank's failures, if you used the Site SAR letter with a £10 fee, there's no excuse for their failure to respond. Has the cheque been cashed?

See here re further action to force compliance under the DP Act - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)