Car stolen

kam lee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was attacked on the 7th of August on my driveway for my car keys by 3 guys, they took my car and my belongings. The car was later found by the police and taken to a compound for forensics. The state of the car was not bad but it had a puncture, scratches on the alloys and the brakes were cut. I am insured with diamond, but as it was a brand new focus ST in orange i wanted to take it back to a dealership for repairs.

I wanted to sell the car, but needed it repaired before i could do so. On the thursday 25th of september i picked my car up from the dealship. there were still some small things that needed doing, so they told me to take the car and bring it back on monday. I wasnt too keen taking the car, considering i wasnt completely happy with it but decided to take it as i had no car since august. I rang my insurance company and told them that of the few issues and the fact i will be taking it back to the dealship on monday.

i took the car back they advised me that my insurance company has to get an engineer out to assess the car again.

anyway on the 2nd of october, i attended a wedding at my cousins house and the car was taken again. howeve this time there was no attack. i just parked the car came back and it was gone. I have given all the keys to insurance and the dealership say they have changed the locks. I have been investigated by an investigator as well as members of my family that travelled with me to the wedding and the members of the family where the wedding is taken place. I feel like im being treated the criminal here. has anybody got any experience or advice. although i know at the moment i just have to sit and wait.

I wouldn't feel to victimised, what they are doing is fairly standard enquiries/handling.

Let it progress, help them in anyway you can and answer any questions they ask you. Insurers are looking deeper into theft (and most other high value claims) because of fraud, I know it appears or feels insulting but if they didn't then premiums would be a lot higher than they are now.

Mossy