sy v hsbc

sy7227
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Prelim letter sent to hsbc for unfair bank charges ( will let you all know if the contact works ) Just used bog standard Senior Service Quality Officer.

Claiming back £1771.69. Will post again & keep you all updated.

Prelim letter sent to hsbc for unfair bank charges ( will let you all know if the contact works ) Just used bog standard Senior Service Quality Officer.

Claiming back £1771.69. Will post again & keep you all updated.

good luck on same timescale as me

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

I Just Wish I Could Be A Fly On The Wall When They Get All These Letters. It Would Really Make My Day

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Received reply Saturday 29/07/06 it reads:

Thank you for your letter dated 11 july 2006 (18 days not bad really !!) requesting a refund of your bank charges of £1771.69 going back 3 years.

In circumstances where you have authorised a payment that would, if met by us, lead to your account going overdrwan or over an agreed overdraft limit, we have to consider whether to make this payment. A fee is payable for this service provided by the bank, details of which are clearly set out in our published price list. ( Has anyone seen this list?) The circumstances which the fee will apply are clearly set out in our personal banking terms and conditions which you where provided with a copy of when you opened your account. If your claim for a refund proceeded to court, we therefore believe we would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to these fees.

HSBC is, however, mindful of the mangement time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incur in relation to such a claim. For those commercial reasons alone, and without any admission of liability whatsoever, HSBC is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of £1480.00 representing the charges applied in full and final settlement of this matter.

If you accept this proposal please sign and return the enclosed copy of this letter to us within 10 working days and we will arrange for a refund to be made to you. Please allow 7 working days for your account to be credited from receipt by ourselves. If we do not recieve your signed acceptance within this timescale, we will take it that you have declined our offer.

Now i`m no maths genius but that seems like 70% to me, but is this standard because I did not recieve a refusal letter. Plus should I decline & go for 100%

In the same position as you. I've been offered £490 instead of £549 so I have a lot less to lose. I however am going for the knackers! Lets face it even £300 isn't a great deal to these banks, so I'm sure if their willing to offer £1480 they are willing to go the extra £300. Their just being damm bloddy aquward!

Good luck

I thought they where being awkward too, but in light of this I might accept this offer which will clear my overdraft at the bank. Which is a plus because I want away from this bank in double quick time. I will clear my overdraft, then I know they will charge me again by the time this clears so will then prelim letter them again but stating an obvious less ammount plus I did not charge interest or a fee for my time to compile all of this correspondence.

I hope this will work but I think if I accept this ammount at least I can pay off a big chunk i.e. my overdraft.

Will post again & let you all know how it works out

well you've done better than me not a sausage yet hummmmm roll on monday lba going out

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)