Tesco - out of date food

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paul, I think you should go back and edit your post, Tesco did not steal anything, the OP bought an item in the shop, as far as I am aware that does not constitute stealing.

And no, it certainly does not put shop lifting in a new light, it is a crime, end of, whatever the circumstances of that crime are, it is still a crime.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I don't need to edit my post at all!!

I suggest you re-read my post. I have been regularly overcharged in my local Tesco and this has been well documented by the local papers. If I am charged for goods I have not received, is this not [EDIT] wrong too?

The point I make on shoplifting is that there is one rule for big business and one for consumers. If a shop willfully overcharges me or charges me for goods not received, whats the difference?

Edited by Rooster-UK
Libelous comment removed.

if you are overcharged it is generally a mix up with computers and software and advertising in stores, or are you suggesting that Tescos and other supermarkets are doing this on purpose? and I would advise you to be very careful in how you reply. I will say it again, you cannot go around accusing people or organisations of theft when you have no proof.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I have lots of proof thank you very much. How much do you require?

If I have pointed out on previous visits that I have been overcharged and 2 weeks later the same thing happens on the same item, what would you describe it as?

I expect to pay the price on display, is that unreasonable?

gawd!!! if they put the wrong price on display it is a mistake, contary to popular belief, they DO NOT have to charge you that figure, you can choose not to buy it or if when it has gone through the till you can have a refund, simple as, if you have proof of criminal activity, then you should take it to trading standards/police etc.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Paul.

As you have elected not to edit your posts, against good advice, I have edited them for you.

Please do not post libelous comments on these forums.

Please read the forum rules on posting.

Repeated infractions may result in your account being placed on moderation.

Rooster-UK.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

There are designated people who work in store who go round all day checking the prices and promotions are right. one day the promo works fine and the next it can go to pot. theres one women in our store who works on that department (yes, just one the cut backs on staff in our store over the past few years is unbelivable, when at one point they had say 3 people on a certain department, they now rely on 1) and you can see it drives her mad trying to make sure all the prices are right. it deffinatly is not done on purpose, sometimes the system tells you a differnt story to the checkouts.

Now... upping prices every bloody week, then putting them down to a higher price than the price before then sticking up big signs saying " was £3.50 now only £3.00!" when infact a couple of days before they stuck it up to £3.50 it was only £2.99 happens all the bloody time in my store.

(i work for somerfield btw)

Excuse me!!! They do not have to charge you the price on display??!!

The sale of goods act is quite explicit on this, indeed it is an offence to charge you a higher price.

My point was is that when I have pointed out previously that I have been overcharged and then the same thing happens 2 weeks later that is clearly not a mistake is it?

Then there are the issues of double scanning and B.O.G.O.F offers that don't come up. Trading standards/consumer direct have been informed on several occassions but they only prosecute small stores in the main despite having all the evidence presented to them.

Been there this morning but wasn't overcharged today. Is it ok to say that?

Long live free speech. Have a nice life!

Its only an offence if it can be shown that it is deliberate or, e.g, down to incompetence.

The problem is this when it comes to pricing: A TS department will have about 20 staff on average. Tesco's legal dept will consist of at least twice as many solicitors and other experts - probably a lot more - as well as having more money.

but large stores do get prosecuted by TS. The problem is the statutory defence. All a supermarket has to do is show a few forms with tick boxes (ticked) and they get off. And thanks to Tesco v Natrass, staff are "other persons" to the company - so if a staff member cocks up all Tesco has to do is say "its his fault" (the employee being another person) and they get away with it.

• 2 years later...

can sum1 help me plz. A local tesco leaves there fridged food out all nite n no one say anything about it. they need reporting. ppl think they gettin fresh food but it being left out all night. i do my shopping n my bacon n mince go off within day. it discusting

who do i contact about this. n i not gunna ring tesco to tell them cos they shud alredy no its wrong

what do you mean by left out all night? do you mean it's been left at the checkouts and they haven't put it back until the morning when they open up again? If that's the case then yes, they should know that you aren't allowed to do that and it's obviously down to bad training or even maybe lazyness. If you know for a fact food isn't in a chiller and is being put back into the chiller hours later then contact your local council, they have an environmental department.

not elft at tils it left shop floor.i see milk sitin near fridge. it full. i was shoping and it was there for over hour n half.

i go shoping a night n i see 1 isle with 9 cages food that should be infridge

ther no 1 filing the isle with the stock the isle is emty. i ask women about something from that isle n she tell me person gone for diner

Edited by disgruntled custemer

ah ok. I used to work in a shop and i worked on the fresh departments, there are times when there just isn't enough room to put it all in the back chillers and has to get out on the shelfs quickly. There is supposed to be a... i can't remember if it's 15 or 20 minute rule. we never used to stick to that rule because it used to take longer than that to get a cage done, but the food was always still cold and we always got through it as fast as we could. but there are some people who don't really care (or think!) and just leave it lying out for ages and ages and go do other things. It can be down to bad management because they should be picking up on that.

contact head office.

let them know what you see and let them know that if nothing is done about it you will take it further.

left out for up to an hour is usually fine, the boxes keep each other cool, anything out longer than that isn't good.

Probably get a warning for this but...............................

With spelling and grammar like that, it's a good job you only go out at night!

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

i say sorri hammy my frist langage not english i try my best but hard 4 me

all manager now bout leave cage out it happening evry singel day 4 over 10msth

i no person work there he says no1 say nothing just when they have spectoin they put back in fridge till spector gone

i see it fo myslef when i go shoping

i go erly 1 morning for nwespaper it o 6 clock morning and i see lot cage with stocks on siting on isle

there was atlest 7 cage stocks out + 2 cage rubish

i want report them it not right too leave fo 7 hors the mince and bacons go off kwikly