Barclaycard, RMA, NCO, cabot now NCO again

Flagg913

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In november 06 i had a debt for £921.47 with littlewoods credit card this was passed onto RMA i made payments to them..but then barclaycard said they had sold it to Cabot..i made two payments to cabot then NCO phoned up to say why hadn't i been paying them... I said cabot own it and they said no they didn't it was them. I phoned barclaycard who said Cabot was sold it wrongly and the ownership is with NCO...i recieved one letter saying the debt had been purchased by cabot and another saying cabot was sending it back... of today Cabot say they don't own the debt, Barclays say they do and NCo say they own it. Both have different balances and all are not very helpful...is they anything i can do to find out who i should be paying? and who really owns this debt?

send CCA requests to the lot of them, the one with the correct paperwork wins a prize

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Yes, put the "I do not acknowledge" bit. You have a legal right to query the legitamcy of your agreement at any time and past payments are irrelevant - all that matters in law is whether or not there is an enforceable agreement.

I would always put the 'I do not acknowledge' bit. Sounds as if they have got themselves into a bit of a tangle here. New Christmas party game - pass the CCA:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Do need to cca all of them, as barclay say it's not with thme and they want nothing to do with it..... Cabot said they purchased the debt but then sent it back and they don't want to collect on debt.... NCO wouldn't tell me if they owned it...the call guy said he couldn't tell me but they did want paying... so shall i CCa all or just the one after the debt?

Personally I would just CCA NCO for now as they are the ones demanding money.

If any of the others come out of the woodwork again you can meet them head on with their own CCA.

This just illustrates the need to deal only in writing with these clowns. I can only woder how many transgressions this shower have committed between them. If only you had evidence.....

SH

All opinions of ScabHunter are offered in good faith and believed to be accurate and true. Please note, though, that I have no legal training and am human like the rest of us (except the DCA trolls).

If you have received court papers, PLEASE POST EARLY. We can help, but only if we are within the timescales.

I am happy to receive PMs (and friendship requests!), but if you want me to look at your thread please leave a link to it.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to click the old scales!

LIGHT RELIEF - SCABHUNTER STYLE

A reply to a DCA troll with a limited vocabulary

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-199.html#post1840093

A template letter accepting a full and final settlement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/104668-cabot-windywoo-4.html#post1813490

A reply to ARE letter dated 13th November 20088

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172657-mbna-letter-asking-me.html#post1863523

A reply to a naughty DCA suggesting that the alleged debtor was ignoring the poor dears, and promising a nice social visit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/167422-help-needed-re-letters-3.html#post1850119

Well strangely Barclay say cabot own it..but cabot said they sent it back...Barclay did say that if i wasn't dealing with cabot then i shouldn't be dealing with anyone....The woman from Barclay said they was nothing on my records to suggest that NCO have anything to do with this account.

Well strangely Barclay say cabot own it..but cabot said they sent it back...Barclay did say that if i wasn't dealing with cabot then i shouldn't be dealing with anyone....The woman from Barclay said they was nothing on my records to suggest that NCO have anything to do with this account.

I know. The whole lot of them are total idiots.

We knew these companies were clowns, but this is the most extreme example of stupidity that I have yet seen.

I would still operate on the principle of waiting until I got a demand for money before acting. There is no point throwing away ten quid on CCAing everybody in sight if they aren't going to do anything anyway.

It doesn't take long to send off a CCA request. Keep them in reserve to respond to any attack.

Get a CCA request off to NCO if they have specifically told you that they expect to be paid.

Don't get into any more discussions over the telephone. Make sure everything is kept in writing. If they want to demand money from you, they will have to produce written evidence of this demand.

There is also the factor that the more CCA requests you send off on the same account, the more people there are looking for something you don't want them to find.

I would not make a move until I was attacked.

SH

All opinions of ScabHunter are offered in good faith and believed to be accurate and true. Please note, though, that I have no legal training and am human like the rest of us (except the DCA trolls).

If you have received court papers, PLEASE POST EARLY. We can help, but only if we are within the timescales.

I am happy to receive PMs (and friendship requests!), but if you want me to look at your thread please leave a link to it.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to click the old scales!

LIGHT RELIEF - SCABHUNTER STYLE

A reply to a DCA troll with a limited vocabulary

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-199.html#post1840093

A template letter accepting a full and final settlement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/104668-cabot-windywoo-4.html#post1813490

A reply to ARE letter dated 13th November 20088

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172657-mbna-letter-asking-me.html#post1863523

A reply to a naughty DCA suggesting that the alleged debtor was ignoring the poor dears, and promising a nice social visit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/167422-help-needed-re-letters-3.html#post1850119