Phone line cut off - Please Help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are a company who recently went into administration. The MD bought back the company after it was administered. We have opened a new company but the phone company cut off the phones - incoming and outgoing calls. They were outstanding monies from the old company and they haven't yet been given notice of how much they will receive from the administrator. They cut the phone lines off within 5 mins of being notified of the administration. We spoke to BT and ordered new phone lines and asked for our old numbers (I am under the understanding that BT own the phone numbers and if a line has been cut off anyone can legally request these). The phone company that cut the lines off took it upon themselves to cancel our order with BT. The order was placed uder our new company which is nothing to do with the old company, new name, new md, new company reg etc. We are at a lost cause at the moment as BT are saying that they can install new lines with new numbers but that would be in 30 days. We have no problem with new lines being fitted as we understand that the old phone company own the lines, but we should be able to get the old numbers back.

Also, can a company legally cut off incoming calls, I know they can cut off outgoing but I didn't know that they could cut off the full service.

Can anyone advise us on this if possible. Is there anything we can do legall to get incoming calls diverted etc. We are a business and our phones are our lifeline. We can't operate without them.

Hi JDParry, a warm welcome to the CAG Forums...i'm going to move this thread to the Telecoms forum, where hopefully you should get some more advice / comment

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

There are two issues here - the service contract and the phone numbers. BT don't own the numbers either, they belong to OFCOM. If the previous customer closed down, then the numbers still are allocated to the alternative provider and are not released simply because the line number is effectively free for reissue. You may have a better chance of retrieving the old number if the new service is with the same firm, and for this they may make a charge.

They are not daft - these numbers have a considerable value to you, and you are hoping to have the benefit of continuity. For this, you'll need to work out how valuable this number really is and make an ex-gracia offer on the understanding these numbers are provided to you.