Request CCA in name they have me down as??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Just a quickie, I'm just preparing CCA request for alledged debt aged 5 years 10 months, which Ruthbridge claim they will be bankrupting me for. They have addressed all their letters to my maiden name (name I had when taking out the agreement 13 years ago). I'm assuming it's ok to send the request in my maiden name? Or am I obliged to explain I'm now marrried with new name (I'm hoping not; why give them any more information)? I don't want to be sued for fraud!!

Hi Looopyloo,

Yeah it's ok to send them a CCA request in your maiden name. Just another thought for you in two months the debt is 6 years old, and if you haven't made any payment in the 6 years and not spoken to the company that allege you owe this debt then the debt is statute barred. Let us know how things go.

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

Thank you. I'll get the letter printed and sent today. I know - nearly 6 years since they say I defaulted, I honestly don't know when last acknowledgement would have been - fairly sure I paid this debt in installments to door step collectors so, depending on how you look at it, they will either have record of payments from collectors (not statute barred, but PAID)! Or no record of the payments, but VERY NEARLY statute barred. So Anyway, with no possibility of proving i paid it off, I'm hoping the CCA request, then SAR might keep them off my back until it's barred. Goodness me. Fingers crossed. I'll be back with an update...

I would probably have just sent a prove it letter if it is the first communication. Don't forget to start correspondence with "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company".

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .