Carphone Warehouse - recurrent faulty phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i bought a phone (handset only - no contract) from my local carphone warehouse shop in Feb this year. In May i noticed that the exrternal speaker had become distorted so i took it back and was told it needed to be sent away for repair, a month later (and a letter of complaint to head office about the arrogance of the staff in their shop -but thats another story....) they replaced the handset with a new one of the same model.

in august the same fault occurred so i took it back and again, was told it needed to be sent for repair. It took only 2 weeks this time and according to the repair sheet, had the internal speaker replaced.

This week i noticed that the fault has AGAIN occurred. I went in to the shop again and was told that it would need to be sent away for repair AGAIN! I said that i found this unacceptable as i believe that item does not conform to contract, is not fit for purpose and is not durable in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act.

They insisted that there was nothing they could do except repair it again but i want it replaced, i am fed up with repeatedly taking it back to have the same problem fixed over and over again and having to deal with the arrogant, egotistical, spotty teenagers with an attitude that staff my local carphone warehouse store.

I will be writing to them about this but before i do could anyone tell me if i have a case to have my phone replaced with a different model under the terms of the sale of goods act? Any help would be most appreciated.

cheers :)

Edited by beavis123

Hi,

you may get detailed help if you put your thread in the telecoms forum

**** Can any mod's looking in, please move this to the telecoms site, where Beavis will get the correct help. ****

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!