Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone


I've read some fantastic responses and got alot of help from reading this forum thus far. However I have quite a serious issue which I am now starting to think I should be seeking help for. I will be going to seek legal advice but I thought if I did some of the leg work it might speed things up and let me know if spalshing out on a lawyer would be beneficial


Here is the story.


In 2007 we moved home, at the same time we moved mortgage provider from Clydesdale with whom we had one of their Rapid Repay facilities. The Clydesdale left us with our Debit cards and access to the full amount of the mortgage despite releasing the security over our old home.


We fell on a tough patch and asked the Clydesdale if we could still use the money, we were told that we had full access to the fund and there was no issue about using it. So we did, a few months later the picture was not so rosy.


We were called to a meeting, lawyer and all and told we needed to pay back the money with immediate effect. Obviously we had no access to liquid funds or the debt would not be there in the first place. The bank took money from an account I used for expenses to offset it against the debt and they whacked 20odd% monthly interest. So we agree to pay back the money at an affordable amount and CB would get a second charge over my property.


Now what I have learnt so far is that we were stupid for using the money and the bank was incompetent for not closing the account forthwith and still allowing access to the funds.


My problem is I am now paying back a loan I can barely afford and everytime I go to the bank to get them to reduce it they refuse. They refuse to put it in writting too. I don't get any communication such as statements for the borrowing either


I have misplaced the agreement for the amount we are paying at the moment so I cannot check if I have any right to ask them to reduce the payment. Can I write to request this information or will they call in the full amount and attempt to force me out of my home to repay them.


Any and all advice would be gladly recieved



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...