budget loan?

xxmissxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recently applied for a budget loan, what are the circumstances that they refuse one, maybe im paranoid but could they refuse one because im not on income support, JS's or incapacity, but i am on maternity allowance( is that applicable?) I explained i needed the money for household items, cloths for me and my daughter and enough to clear the credit card debt iv had for a while. theres about 600-700 left to pay on it so i asked for 1500, i know ill not get that amount but i am at least hoping for 1000. what do you all think?

:-D:p xxmissxx:p :-D

Hi,

Don't know the answer to your question but this is a link to the guide the DWP use for making decisions on budgeting and social fund loans.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/socialfundguide/sfguide/social-fund-guide7-june07.pdf

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

A budget loan to clear your credit card debt lol first ive heard of that

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

you can't get budgeting loans to clear your debts, you may get some for your daughters clothes but then they may tell you to use her child benefit money for that. The household items - well it depends on the area and what you ask for but you'll be expected to buy the cheapest you can find and use that.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

I doubt very very much that you will get a loan to cover your debt.

You may get one if you are struggling to get food or pay essential bills, but not for credit card debt.

They usually provide enough cash to get you items such as a fridge, washer, kettle etc, and even then you may not get it.

Normally in my town, if one asks for some kind of budgeting loan, they usually receive half of what they ask for. In fact they started to ask for exact shops that items was needed from and making the payment via vouchers that could only be used for those stores.

I suggest you contact your credit card company and set up a regular payment plan as this will be your only way of paying the debt off, ( unless you win the lottery ).

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

you can only get a budgeting loan if have been on income support jobseekers allowance or pension credit for at least 26 weeks and there is a number of things you could ask for like security household items such as a washing machine furniture, dryer beds etc hope this helps.click my reputation if i've helped in any way.and also you can pay off debts.

Edited by andrew1402
  • Haha 1

You may not be entitled to a budgeting loan, but you could use this calculator to see if you are entitled to any extra money/benefits.

Start Calculation

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

• 10 months later...

i no this post is very old but thought id clear it up...you CAN get a budgeting loans to clear old HP debt as long as the debt is for items you could get a BL for in the first place. i.e if you run up a £1000 catalog debt buying some clothes a cooker and a table for example you could get a BL to pay this all back thus saving the interest i suppose