Capital One CCA -can someone check for me???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help? Received this application from from Cap One which they say in the accompanying letter is a copy of my executed agreement.

It has some prescribed terms at the side of the page. However they are terms for a Platinum Card account which I never had. In the small print it does say that they may issue a different type of account which is what they did in my case.

Does the fact that the terms for the account they gave me aren't on the form I signed make it unenforceable??. Now that I think on it, I never knew what rate of interest they were charging me. Or am I the first person to receive an application form from Cap 1 which is enforceable??

My first attempt to load from photobucket so hope it works

Cap1copy.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by veryweary
7 attempts to get this loaded correctly!!

Hi V. Weary

I don't see any prescribed terms at the side of the page as required by the CCA1974 - all I see is a piece of paper very clearly headed 'Application Form' although the writing is pretty small in the copy.

If this is all they sent you, it certainly does not make it an enforceable CCA & I suggest you write & tell them so. :)

• Haha 2

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I cant see any prescribed terms either, i cant read the small print, but it should give the frequency of payments, the apr,the dates for payment etc. i dont think they are on there.

• Haha 2

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

This is purely and simply an application form - there are no prescribed terms of any kind, for a Platinum account or otherwise. It is not enforceable you can tell them to stop pursuing you for payment until such times as they send you a true copy of the agreement.

• Haha 1

Many thanks. It's not that clear on the photobucket copy, but the black bit on the right hand side says that the Capital One Platinum Card offers you, credit limit of up to £25000, 9.9% fixed APR, and no transfer fee, so that was what I had been wondering about.

There wasn't anything else sent which was supposed to be the back of the application form. Only other thing I got was terms and conditions for 2008.

However it's great to know that like everyone else my agreement is unenforceable:grin::grin:.

thanks to everyone who replied, your help is immensely appreciated by us all. :)