Default by BG, SAR - data provided 30 days late, no info on default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i've been defaulted by BG for a gas account at an address i havent lived in for over two years in an amount of £500. i called their helpline, the guy on the phone was very helpful and said they dont transfer accounts and all letters went to previous address. i asked for copy invoices, none arrived.

following advice on this forum i SAR'ed BG, they didnt reply in the 40 days, i wrote to them after 60-odd days and they replied this morning saying the lack of a reply was an oversight. I asked for all data including a copy of the phone conversation using the template letters found on this site. various papers have been sent but the copy of the recent telephone conversation hasnt arrived because apparently their CD burning equipment isnt working.

the only data they have provided is screen prints showing a record of my call and screen prints of invoices showing £500-odd owing at my current address despite me never receiving a bill at my current address, my current BG account at my current address is clear (in fact i'm no longer with BG) and the guy on the phone stating that all invoices/letters were sent to the old address. the info supplied was to be frank, pathetic.

there was no documentation indicating a default had been registered and the accompanying letter made no mention of it. certainly there was no notice of default either in writing or indicated in any of the screen prints.

so what do i do next?

do i write to them saying that they have failed in their obligations as they didnt supply in the alotted time, have failed to provide evidence of the default notice and seem to be making stuff up either on the phone or in "screen print" form?

or shall i write to the information commissioner?

I'm guessing there are experts on here who'll know what to do - please let me know!