brothers GF refused jobseekers

xxmissxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, my brothers girlfriend recently moved in with us all in my parents house, she was on jobseekers allowance. she came from another part of the country and went to the jobcentre to apply to have her jobseekers based in our town. She put my brother down as her partner on the application form. They decided to fully stop her claim for jobseekers as my brother should have to look after her financially. im annoyd because they have only been a couple for about 6 months and my brother still lives with my mum and dad and only has a job part time in he TA, he barely earns £300 a month, but if he does a bit extra shifts hell earn a little more than that, but my point is that his earnings are unpredictable.he trying to save for a car and a deposit on a house aswell as forking out for her! what can he do to get out of this mess, shes struggling to find a job, and doesnt seem to be getting any job offeres. they both dont want to spit up but their money worries is starting to upset the entire household.what can be done, and why would the jobcentre refuse JS's when my bro dont earn enough to support her?

:-D:p xxmissxx:p :-D

from what i gather it's standard procedure to base income based job seekers on the income of the claimant and their partner. Your brothers girlfriend needs to get a job (any job) quickly or your brother should get a new job that pays more.

You can always try plugging their details into Start Calculation to see if there's anything else that they should be claiming.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

i did that calculation, it said shes entitled to jobseekers and income support, so what should they do now? i told her she shouldnt have put my bro down as her partner because they havnt been together long enough, like she should have just said she was a lodger in our house hold, could she ring the jobcenter and tell them they split and shes jus living here or would they still object to it? i know its slightly sly to do that but like i said they havnt been together long enough so he should not have to pay for her at all like that.meanwhile i will tell her to get a job asap or there will be trouble, but i am also understanding enough that with the recent credit crunch, employers arnt taking on many people at the moment.

:-D:p xxmissxx:p :-D

that's called fraud. The jobcentre would want to know why she hasn't returned home. Anyway a partner can be anyone with a financial link so they may have asked for your brothers details anyway.

The jobseekers on entitled to is usually the contributions based one that you only get for 6 months and is based on national insurance record, the one that your brothers partner is claiming must be income assessed due to them taking notice of your brothers details so the figures may be different because of this. You should tell your brothers partner to apply for income support.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

I take it your bro invited this girl to live with him - did he not consider the financial implications of doing so? Can he not look for a proper job as well as the GF?

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!