Speeding....... Notice of Intended Prosection - Help for my friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

If i may i would like to post one serious experience i have had this year whilst being on duty.

I attended a TA of which i thought was a young lad speeding and showing off to his pregnant girlfriend who was in the front passenger seat. The lad was driving a Mitsubishi Evolution. When i arrived i was the first officer on scene. There was blood everywhere. On the dual carriageway and on the grass. The Evo was wrapped around a tree with its chassis facing the outside. I went to look inside the car and saw that the kid driver had died from multiple stabwounds by the tree branches. The pregnant girlfriend was screaming and the next thing i saw was a tree cutter with a chainsaw cutting the tree branches that were trapping the pregnant girlfriend. Later on i was informed by other drivers who were travelling on the same carriageway that the lad driving the Evo was racing another Lad in a Blue BMW 3 series that did not stop for this accident. When the Blue BMW overtook the Evo he shunted the Evo into a ditch and that is when the Evo hit a tree.

I will never forget this TA and before anyone has a pop of me for drawing bad comparisons, i want you all to know that i will enforce the speeding limits as i don't paricularly find Fatal TA'S an agreeable part of the job. I know that the Young lad driving the Evo was as much to blame as the BMW driver, but in my mind the Blue BMW driver is responsible.

Thankyou for looking at this post.

S

Edited by PCSTAMPER

The relative or close friend of anyone that has died in an accident where the cause was speed would probably view the speeding driver in the same light as a murderer.

However, here is not the place to get involved in morals. So long as the police do their part properly then speeders will be caught and punished - which is a good thing.

PCSTAMPER - by your own account of this extremely sad & tragic incident, this was nevertheless more than just a simple case of exceeding a prescribed speed limit by a few mph wasn't it.

These guys were deliberately racing each other on a public highway at what were no doubt breakneck eye-watering speeds over the limit. Other overriding very serious offences were obviously a factor.

I do not seek to defend or condone speeding - by all means enforce the speed limits, I have absolutely no problem with that, but please don't lose your sense of proportion and discretion whilst doing so.

PCSTAMPER - by your own account of this extremely sad & tragic incident, this was nevertheless more than just a simple case of exceeding a prescribed speed limit by a few mph wasn't it.

These guys were deliberately racing each other on a public highway at what were no doubt breakneck eye-watering speeds over the limit. Other overriding very serious offences were obviously a factor.

I do not seek to defend or condone speeding - by all means enforce the speed limits, I have absolutely no problem with that, but please don't lose your sense of proportion and discretion whilst doing so.

STRAWDOG You are correct and on alot of occasions i prefer a word in ones shell, than if i was to report for summons or TFPN. Believe it or not i still believe in an officers discretion than a square box mounted on a post.

People would ask me if i let someone go with words of wisdom and give someone else a ticket would it be hippocritical? My answer is no because it would depend on time, place, speed, drivers experience and many other factors. There is no such thing as a generic driver.

Arrogance is not something i like nor have. Patience in the job is a must.

In relation to my experience in May i certainly conceed that there were more factors than speed. All this because one ignorant teenager thought it would be clever to race his mate on a dual carriageway. Life is too short to be stupid on the highway.

I would hope that you agree that speeding doesn't kill, its the person behind the wheel who doesn't know their limits who push their boundaries too far and will sooner or later face the end. And thats when i pick up the pieces and deliver the death message to loved ones.

Please forgive me i have taken this thread out of the original subject. In relation to the 9 points regardless of what the case was either in "totting up" or other offences if i had stopped someone for speeding who already had 9 points I HAVE to report for summons as I'm are not given any discretion at that point.