Phone call re statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd let you all know that I sent a letter to request 6 years of statements to my branch on 10/3/06. I have just called telephone banking to find out if they'd received it and a really nice man told me that I didn't need to send a letter, I could just request them via the phone at a cost of £5.00. I have now done this and can apparently expect to receive them in 5-7 days. I am concerned because it seems to have been too easy, any thoughts? :?

Yes, I've got a though...

Maybe they've charged you £5.00 per statement as opposed to £5.00 for the whole 6 years' worth...?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Quick update, I phoned Halifax again and the man I spoke to this time informed me that if you request a statement from one date (in my case Feb 1 2000) to another date (Mar 15 2006) they class it as one statement and charge you accordingly (£5) Has anyone else found this or maybe others are, for instance asking for a statement for Jan, Feb, Mar etc 2000 and so on. If so perhaps this may help.

I haven't actually received mine but they said it was absolutely no problem to order all 6 years worth, I spoke to two different men today and they were both really helpful, makes me worry, I think I must have a suspicious mind. :lol:

Hurrah! I received my statements this morning, in 33 envelopes, poor postman :( I have painstakingly highlighted all charges and am about to add them up, can't wait. I am wondering whether it will add strength to my case if the charges I incurred before they gave me a £1500 overdraft add up to somewhere in the region of £1500! That would be interesting!

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have checked FAQs and a lot of the posts and can't find the answer. Right here we go. In the What I Require paragraph it states I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX Do you have to enter separate amounts or can it just be a total only I am having a nightmare trying to work out what the charges are for as on my statements they have often put down Charges as notified £56 for example and I am not sure how to split them. Thanks to anyone who can help on this. :?

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted my letter before action today. I did receive a reply to my preliminary letter, it was the usual "sorry to hear...blah blah" signed by my branch manager. I am interested to see how far they'll go. By the way just a quick question, I hope someone can advise, on my statements I have £30 for a paid amount, £39 for an unpaid one and £28 for going £30 over my overdraft. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that I can claim for all of these amounts, only I was reading through the FAQs today and I noticed in the step by step thread something like "that after all you are not claiming the interest on your overdraft" is the £28 noted above classed as the interest? Secondly on many of my statements the bank have lumped all the charges for one month together in one instance £207 how can I, and do I need to, separate these amounts for the court? Also I realise that this wasn't such a "quick" question after all sorry!! :oops:

I am claiming £3567. I had a phone call today offering in the first instance £512 as repayment of this years charges, I accepted but said I would still pursue full refund. At this the offer was taken back, but then, as I have been a customer for so long and as a "goodwill gesture" I was offered £1100, again I accepted but said that I would still be pursuing full refund. This offer was also withdrawn and I was told that I will need to take legal action or contact the financial ombudsman. I await the next move with bated breath. Oh and the man said that in his opinion £39 per letter is a reasonable charge and a true reflection of their costs!!!

• 6 months later...

What happened with your last claim?

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent - 14th September

Non-compliance letter- 26th October

Prelim sent-3rd November

LBA sent - 21st November

Settlement rejection offer sent- 28th November

N1 form filed 8th December

PAID IN FULL:D

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent - 26th October

Barclays Acknowledged letter and sent back P.O - 1st November

Barclays sent out statement. Jan-Mar 01 is missing.

Letter for missing statements sent 14th Nov

Barclays sent letter claiming microfiche data

Letter sent back claiming data again 28th November

Non compliance letter sent 8th Dec

Prelim sent-18th January.

LBA sent Pending

Moneyclaim made-Pending

I believe you can claim again on charges since the settlement, provided you didn't sign anything from them saying otherwise...

Regards

S

Halifax PLC - £607 - SETTLED IN FULL

Halifax Card Services - £1142 - SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA Europe - £842 - SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST!

Oh Congrats!!

Halifax

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent - 14th September

Non-compliance letter- 26th October

Prelim sent-3rd November

LBA sent - 21st November

Settlement rejection offer sent- 28th November

N1 form filed 8th December

PAID IN FULL:D

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent - 26th October

Barclays Acknowledged letter and sent back P.O - 1st November

Barclays sent out statement. Jan-Mar 01 is missing.

Letter for missing statements sent 14th Nov

Barclays sent letter claiming microfiche data

Letter sent back claiming data again 28th November

Non compliance letter sent 8th Dec

Prelim sent-18th January.

LBA sent Pending

Moneyclaim made-Pending

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks