style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister has been staying with one of her friends sisters. She paid the first months rent and deposit and furnished the entire flat, whereupon they locked all the deadlock bolts (my sister only has the main doorkey), said she couldn't stay there anymore and won't give her stuff back.

This girl is a council tenant and my sister is not on the rent book (although she has the deposit slip). We are more worried, at the moment, about all her items in the flat - my sister has all the receipts to prove these items are hers - how do we get them back? if she is not showing on the rentbook are we legally entitled to get them back ourselves (breaking door down if necessary). Or should i call police?

The reason she has kicked my sister out is because her Algerian boyfriend 'comes off his tag :|' next week and wants to move in.

Also, I am not happy that my sister has been paying and not even showing on the rentbook. Is this girl illegally subletting her apartment? Can we do anything?

Jo

Hi, comes off his tag!!!!! Oh My God, sounds like she is better off out of there. I would certainly contact the police, especially as your sister has proof that she owns the furniture. Further more, I would phone the council and inform them that this girl has been sub letting. I'm sure the fact that she was taking money off your sister would affect her benefits, ( if she is indeed on benefits), I musn't presume!

Could your sister's friend not talk to her sister on her behalf? This girl has your sister's property in her flat, I know what i'd be inclined to do!

Failing the above, there is always the threat of Small claims court

Best of Luck

Edited by help me kick his butt

Please note, my advice is only my opinion.

If you have found my advice helpful, please tip my scales, thank you