connaught collections _ HELP!!!_

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i'll explain this as fast as i can....i had alot of debts a while ago, ( about 6-7 years ago) didn't really respond to them and obviously got into the mess that follows.

I have had a letter this morning from Connaught Collections telling me that i owe them £2391, and i have 21 days to pay or they will issue a statutory demand for insolvency.

I'm not sure this debt is even mine, as i say, i got into a mess and have found out the hard way that these companies aren't great with their admin! I rang them, and they said that i last made a payment to this account in 2005, and nothing since then. They also said that they couldn't accept anything less than £100 a month, which we don't have, and so they have no other choice but to make me bankrupt.

Basically...HELP!!!

Thanks,!

Please try not to worry....easier said than done I know.

Did they say whether the alleged debt was for loan, credit card etc?

If the alleged debt was covered by the CCA, I would send a CCA request. Connaught usually back off after receiving the CCA request as they never seem to have the correct paperwork.

Don't ring them...put everything in writing and request that they do the same.

Never speak to them on the phone when they call you and ask you to confirm your personal details, address etc just say... 'I am sorry I do not give out that sort of information over the phone...please put everything in writing' Then hang up.

By saying the above you have told them your position, so it is fine for you to just hang up (hang up as soon as you have said it or they may try to pull you into a conversation.)

Have a look arround this site there is a lot about connaughts on here.

:)

Edited by jadzia.dax1
added a bit