lowells again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT - be aware that Lowell, who say they acting for CrapOne, then sub the deal to Mackenzie Hall. They've done it with mine quite recently.

It's a final attempt at getting you to pay by using a different firm, with rather abusive young Scottish men yalling down the line at you, and making threats of sending the boys round (Meritfarce).

I find it strange that they say they may advise their 'client', when the 'client' is Lowell, just another DCA. Lowell, in turn, suggest they will contact their 'client', Capital One.

Cobblers (no offence intended to anyone who makes shoes), Lowell bought the account, knowing that most of that they buy is junk. They don't have a 'client' to refer to. Now Muck Hall say they are acting for Lowells...?

I've seen better acting on Neighbours...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

"Hillards not for sale!" badgers.

Black & white ones... ;-)

An hour after the deal was done, they were all in Tescos uniforms!

Actually, I'd left before then, re-joined at another branch a few years later, and left again. I was in the east Pennine area, not far from head office...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

sent Lowlifes an account in dispute letter today.

At least they know that I know what I'm on about.

Just thought I'd update you all.

cheers

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi all, this makes for interesting reading! this is my first post on here although its been the most helpful tool around, as in recent months as ive managed full and final settlements on 4 credit cards getting 23k settle for around 10k..so thankyou for all your info..! the reason i post today is ive recently received a letter from hamptons legal (or is that lowells as it states at the bottom of the letter). This is concerning a debt to ikea some two years ago. Its not a large amount (under £500) but i just cant afford it, i am willing to pay a small monthly amount but it would take years to pay off and these people would never accept what i can afford... ive been reading what silverfox has been upto and i think maybe i should consider sending cca letter ? i really dont want to avoid making payments but something tells me they wont be as fair as id like them to be with any offer...

Hi Thatmanpaul,

Glad to see that you've taken the plunge into the world of CAG.

It would be better if you started your own thread otherwise you could easily get missed and that ain't good.

Absolutely send off for a CCA, assuming it was for credit from IKEA. Hamptons is part of Lowlifes but I may be teaching you to suck eggs here. DON'T ring them. everything in writing, recorded delivery, no signatures Blah Blah Blah:)

Good luck

Fox:D

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

thanks for replying so soon silverfox, i have had some experience of dca's in the last few months, but this one is different as im not looking to full and final settle with them, i just want to pay a very low monthly amount and they wont agree to that so my only other option is to challenge it all... i dont want to 'get away' with not paying i just want whats fair, but they dont do fair do they!! when you wrote them did you use the po box address as i dont think i can send recorded to PO box's?

:confused:

Yes I did.

PO box 172

Leeds

LS11 9WS

So long as the post office recognises the address then it will get there. I have sent loads of letters to them. the ones I sent normal post never got a reply but the ones sent recorded always got them. When you do recorded delivery, the post office input the postcode into their computer and that tells them if it's a valid address. I always go to the post office two or three days after posting to track and trace and i print off the receipts so they can't say we never got it.

I'm of the same opinion as you. Pay what I can afford, not what they want. That's the only reason I'm challenging them but obviously, if they can't produce my CCA then they can go and do something rude:D

Fox

This thinking is doing me no good!:|

another question. I want to SAR Cap1 but because I moved around a lot and destroyed my credit cards, I now have no idea what my old account number is. There is nothing on the Lowlife paperwork.

Does anybody have any idea where to go with this?

fox

I want to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Cap1 but because I moved around a lot and destroyed my credit cards, I now have no idea what my old account number is. There is nothing on the Lowlife paperwork.

It's a 'subject' access request, you are the subject.

You need to give them as much information as possible so they can identify you, with a list of previous addreses and dates you lived there, especially the time when you held an account with them.

Whatever they have on file about the 'subject' is what you are asking for. Yes, it would no doubt help to give a reference number, but if you don't have it then you cannot give it.

Thanks Hillards.

That's what I thought but I needed confirmation which you did.

fox

Does anyone know if there is an up to date address for Crapital 1 or at least the best address to send my SAR.

Thanks in advance.

fox

This thinking is doing me no good!:|

another question. I want to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Cap1 but because I moved around a lot and destroyed my credit cards, I now have no idea what my old account number is. There is nothing on the Lowlife paperwork.

fox

Your CCA request to the Leeds Losers should provide an account number. They are obliged to supply you with it plus a statement of the account. Spend the quid and save 9 as the paperwork that Clownells will come up with from CAPONE will not be worth the paper it will be printed on.

Your CCA request to the Leeds Losers should provide an account number. They are obliged to supply you with it plus a statement of the account. Spend the quid and save 9 as the paperwork that Clownells will come up with from CAPONE will not be worth the paper it will be printed on.

ODC,

Thanks for your advice. Lowlifes have defaulted on my CCA request and gone deathly quiet. My main worry is that if lowells give up, they will sell this on (I know they shouldn't, but!!!). I want to be prepared should the new DCA decide to go via the court route. I also think there is at least a years worth of charges I could use to reduce the debt a little. If a new DCA suddenly goes the court route and I don't have all the information, where do I stand.

Hope you understand what I'm trying (poorly) to say:rolleyes:

fox

If the Leeds Losers sell it on it will most likely be to their bedfellows in Kilmarnock, the ridiculous Mackenzie Hall. As Clownells have failed to comply with your CCA request they should NOT be passing your debt on. If they do then refer the new **** to Clownells. Make a formal complaint against Clownells for passing on a disputed debt. A new DCA if they try to go the Court route will be easily dealt with due to Clownells DEFAULT of providing a CCA as required by law. If Clownells hadnt the evidence to go to Court then you can be sure that Muppet Hall or someone similar will not be able to provide it either.

Well here's a turn up for the books. I know that RED are part of lowlifes but are they trying to confuse me. Do they not know that the 30 days no longer applies. Do I need to remind them of that?

RED1edit.jpg

Bunch of muppets:D

fox

Clueless aren't they? Let them run around in circles and let them think they are scaring you into doing something that will benefit them. Give them enough rope....

Just spotted its from Alison Shepherd - she who thinks its beneath her to take calls from the great unwashed :rolleyes:

Edited by fiftypence

Dunno why they passed it from one desk to the other. Can't lowlifes cope with me so they push it on to their pet poodle:D

I'd just love to write back and tell them about the 30 days being dropped but they should know that. Just another scare tactic (OOHH- I'm really quivering):D:D

fox

Try yet again!!!:evil:lowellsletter.jpg

Hi, We received Zackly that (obviously diff amounts) wording etc couple days ago - they default on CCA request today if nothing in post so we planing to send em acc in dispute letter & see what response we get (if any). Gd luck with urs. Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

Hi, We received Zackly that (obviously diff amounts) wording etc couple days ago - they default on CCA request today if nothing in post so we planing to send em acc in dispute letter & see what response we get (if any). Gd luck with urs. Mpols x

And good luck to you too.

All I can say is welcome to the confusing world of lowlifes.

I sent my A/C in dispute letter last week and they replied very quickly. They even did me the favour of franking the envelope so i know exactly when it was posted(yesterday) AND posted first class. They must have some money to spare:p I keep everything nowadays. You never know when they'll come in useful.

fox