lowells again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can, of course, demand them. Whether Lowells will even bother to read your letter is an entirely different issue.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

MrT - No Im not, :eek:in the first post the OP stated he had acknowledge the debt and that he was happy paying £5 it was not until the leeds losers started to get greedy.

So I in "my opinion" adviced him to get a cca, which is what ODC had advised as well and that he could if he wished pay what he could afford to pay not what they were after.

on other threads throughout the forum I have given advice that was aimed at each individual circumstance, in some I have said dont pay anything, I hope I give advice as per the OP's opening statement / issue :)

No Im not, :eek:in the first post the OP stated he had acknowledge the debt and that he was happy paying £5 it was not until the leeds losers started to get greedy.

So I in "my opinion" adviced him to get a cca, which is what ODC had advised as well and that he could if he wished pay what he could afford to pay not what they were after.

on other threads throughout the forum I have given advice that was aimed at each individual circumstance, in some I have said dont pay anything, I hope I give advice as per the OP's opening statement / issue :)

Im sure the OP would be even happier if they managed to save themselves that £5 completely or maybe had it reduced to the minimum legal amount of £1 by order of the CC :)

I was not suggesting you were wrong in saying that the OP should request the credit agreement, just that it solves nothing at all afterwards in terms of them actually being paid any money.

They are still not entitled to any even after then :)

hi again folks. Seems like I have started a bit of a hot potato on this. So long as you all accept that there are different opinions and that it's not personal then that's ok but please don't fall out on my account.

ALEX. I read your story. true, it was long but well worth it in the end. I'm happy you got your problem sorted but did they pay up? I hope my case results in a satisfactory conclusion.

I'm one of the old school where I accept responsibility for my actions but, when my depression sets in i cannot function well and i ignore things to my cost but I'm also belligerent and when companies start to behave like big brother, it really gets my goat.

A while back my local council said i owed them money when i knew i didn't. It took 4 years from start to finish and included the local government ombudsman before the council admitted defeat and i got compensated. This is just to say that when i have my sod em head on, beware, I am patient and I'll take it all the way.

I will use all the great info given to help my case.

thanks again

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh how i wish i was as nutty as some of you (you know who you are:D)

Think i might have dropped a booboo. I signed my letter before i read that some DCA's photocopy signatures. I'll just have to wait and see what comes out of the woodwork. By the way. Morning all!

As i mentioned in my first post, I have another DCA on my case (Cabot). Would it be worth checking with them that they actually have the legal right to chase me? Also, it was mentioned that I complain to trading standards. Isn't it a bit too early for that? I know that the more ammunition TS have the stronger the case could be.

OO-er! just had a random thought (I am a bit random at times) Wonder if I could use the freedom of information act to find out exactly how much lowells paid for the debt. If i could and it was less than they've already gotten from me, couldn't i say that they've already got their money back? I know there's not much chance of that but i did say i was a bit random. Since yesterday my tryping skills have got better:rolleyes:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Dont worry about signing the CCA letter now, its too late to worry about it.

Yes, send Cabot a CCA as well!

Too early to complain to TS. They are usually totally useless anyway. You'll get all the help you need from CAG.

What Lowells paid for the debt will be a commercial secret (and for Lowells to cry about when they realise theyve lost out!)

:-)

Hi all again.

I have spent the last 6 (yes SIX) hours reading other peoples horror stories and besides having a square backside i notice that a lot of them had notice of assignments sent to them.

One of the things i didn't mention in my first post is that i left my old address in 2003 and did a lot of moving around (2 months here, 3 months there) so consequently didn't receive any debt letters until i managed to stabilise my life and settle down last year. Would those NOA letters have been sent by recorded delivery and what would happen if I was not there to sign for them?

If the NOA was not properly served then do lowlifes have the right to be chasing me?

I've been reading lots of other posts about lowells and cabot and it does seem they are a bunch of shysters and my piffling problems are nowhere as complicated as theirs. To be honest, I hope it stays that way cos if my case goes T*Ts up I worry that my depression will come back more.

BTW my cca request was delivered on saturday (18/19) so if i don't get a reply by a week on saturday I'll know I have a stronger hand

Thanks to all the posts received so far

Morning folks.

Well i got the first reply from lowells in 3 months and it's the CCA acknowledgement with, from what I've been reading, the usual guff about contacting from OC to get info and their own get out clause about if they cant get it within 12 days that they'll let me know.

My letter to them was sent on 16/10 and delivered 18/10. their letter was dated 21/10 and received today 25/10 so obviously TNT post don't follow the same procedures as Royal Mail.

Just a quick point. If they got it Saturday 18/10, does the 12 days start from the monday 20/10 (Eg not including weekends) or are the weekends counted in the 12 days??

fox

"Morning folks.

Well i got the first reply from lowells in 3 months and it's the CCA acknowledgement with, from what I've been reading, the usual guff about contacting from OC to get info and their own get out clause about if they cant get it within 12 days that they'll let me know."

Yup, Lowells are being true to form.

In a couple of weeks you will get the "sorry we are still looking for the agreement" letter with an offer of 75% discount if you "pay now!"

3 or 4 weeks later you will get the "sorry, but we cant find it, so we'll leave you alone" letter

Thanks for the info.

I've downloaded the form but you're right when you say it looks like it's for "third party" users. I've kept it should i need to go down the debt advisors route (doubt it with all you guys)

Should anyone post on my thread and i don't reply, it's because I'm not too well that day but i will reply eventually

cheers

fox

Hi all.

How's this for me being ridiculous. In my last letter (not the CCA request) i threatened to stop paying if they didn't reply. Obviously they didn't so I followed through and didn't pay this month so WHY DO I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE about it:???:.

It's been two weeks since Lowells got the CCA request and nothing yet. If my maths are right and not taking into account weekends, they'll be in default by next wednesday.

I know they won't phone me as they don't have my phone number:grin::grin: BUT Cabot do. Has it ever happened that one DCA contacts another to find out phone numbers?

I went and bought i digital dictation machine with the money i was going to send them( I couldn't afford a proper recording device) I have speakerphone on my home phone so if they do manage to get hold of my number I'll be ready for them

Mind you, the longer they take, the more chance they haven't got my CCA.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the photobucket tutorial please.:)

I'll keep you updated.

fox

Can anyone point me in the direction of the photobucket tutorial please.:)

I'll keep you updated.

afternoon all,

Ignore that bit. I found a step by step guide so I'll use that once I have something useful to post.

fox

Morning all.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit pushy but I'm still confused.

Lowells got my CCA request on Saturday 18/10. Are they in default?

I've had conflicting advice about time limitations so I don't know who's correct

Any confirmation gratefully accepted.

fox

Hope this works

Edited by silverfox1961

YAY, did it. That was easier than i thought.

Got this half an hour ago.

Do you think they can't get my CCA?

Resolve in an amicable way. after the way you treated me. Go forth and multiply in jerky movements at the rate of two, three

Just how Am i supposed to get £300 odd quid to them by tomorrow.

All I can say is bring it on:-D

fox

They always send this out so as the date has almost expired when you get it. Its one of their silly ga,es to get you to phone the threat centre so as their call centre threat monkies can bully you Do not be fooled. Lowells have yet to produce a valid CAPONE CCA. They send two of these letters out before throwing in the towel. I have sent you a PM.

After a minor mishap, I tried again. (THANKYOU ODC)

fox

cancel that. some thing went wrong

Edited by silverfox1961