lowells again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update,

I have now contacted West Yorkshire Trading Standards, my local Trading Standards, the OFT and my MP.

I wonder if Lowells could cope with the deluge should everyone dive in to my fight :)

Have a good day

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just another quick update.

My MP emailed me back and wants to hear my story but she wants me to speak to her assistant first to get all the details of the case.

That's a phone call for tomorrow.

fox

Edited by silverfox1961

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Have just spent the last 15 minutes on the phone talking to my MP's case worker. I don't know what will come of it but My MP will write to the Leeds losers and get their side of the story. (gave CAG a mention :D)

Wonder if it will do any good?

Trading Standards have said Lowells are being naughty.

Not heard back from the Information Commissioner as yet but the FOS has acknowledged my complaint.

My local TS haven't replied nor have the OFT.

Hi all,

Having got an up to date credit report today the Leeds losers have failed to do what they said they would. See post 148:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/164356-lowells-again-8.html#post1878652

While they haven't updated my file since November they haven't marked it as satisfied. Not that it matters as I want it removed totallly :D

hope you're all good

fox

Morning all.

Yet another update.

No reply to my letter to Lowells as yet but I did get a letter from my MP.

She has written to the Chief exec of Lowells and is expecting a reply within 4 weeks.

I'll let you know if anything comes of it

fox

Jimmy C :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I think I have taken this as far as I can short of taking them to court and I'm not in a position to do that at the moment.

I received this letter which has been passed on to me by my MP:

Lowell12edit.jpg

At least I have it in writing that they have considered my account closed after a F&F settlement.

Considering the debt was for just under a grand originally and they have had just under £250 off the debt I think I will have to suck up the default.

There are still the complaints I put in with just about everybody to be resolved but I won't hold my breath.

Can I just add that this was my first thread and I was a complete numpty with consumer credit and without the help of you all (you know who you are) I would still be paying the leeds losers forever.

If anything changes with this case, I'll update but for now, Thank You everybody.

fox

Hello, I too am having issues with Lowells, they sent me a letter telling me i have an outstadning debt from an O2 mobile phone contract. ,I dont ever recall having an 02 phone and have had no contact from 02 for 3 years. It says i owe 1500 quid. I sent them the usual letter saying that i do not acknowledge the debt and that they send me original copies of the agreement and assignment of debt as per this forum , However they say that as its a mobile phone contract its not covered by the CCA 1974 and that i should call them to arrange payment. Obviously i am not going to do this.

What do i do next. Are they correct, surely if its not covered by the CCA is it not enforceable anyway?? :(

regards

Chovie

Hi; first of all, it would be better to start a separate thread for your case as you will get overlooked otherwise.

Lowells really need to prove to you that the debt is yours and so you need to tell them that you have no knowledge of this debt.

send them this:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter

-----------------------------------------------

As always, Do not sign any letter you send to them

send it recorded delivery

fox

Subbed

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I know this thread hasn't been updated much in the past couple of months but as there wasn't much more I could do to the Leeds Losers, I let it slide however, I forgot the FOS were looking at my complaint against them.

I now have an adjudicator and he is going to look at my complaint and get back to me eventually.

I don't expect much to come of this but if it makes Lowells squirm a bit then I'm happy:)

fox

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

As predicted in my previous post. :mad:

Got a letter from the FOS this morning and they haven't upheld my complaint.

The FOS have seen records showing a NOA was sent out on 1 Feb 2007 (although I never got it). The FOS are ignoring the fact that it was sent second class post and not recorded delivery.

What a complete and utter waste of time they are :mad:

Hey, ho. At least I still have Crap1 and Citi to keep me going :)

fox

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is deceased but I thought I would put up an interesting development.

I got an updated credit file from Experian today and the Leeds Losers have vanished :confused:

The default shouldn't have fallen off until next year (March time) so when they wrote to my MP saying thay will mark my file as "settled" they went further and removed the default.

All I can say is RESULT :D

Credit files have a strange mind of their own.

Things you expect to be there are not & things you dont expect to be there are :eek:

The whole CRA system is in chaos Fox & not fit for purpose in my view.

Couldn't agree more. Having said that, my file has stayed the same (apart from the lowlifes)

I'll be updating my Cabot thread soon cos they are still marking my file (even though it's in dispute)