• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lowells again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise whether I should be doing anything about the above RED letter.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether calling you a T*T would be classed as harassment but hey:D

did make me laugh though. don't get too much of that nowadays.

fox:-)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Can anyone advise whether I should be doing anything about the above RED letter.

fox

I wouldn't bother. The ball is in their court, they are 'looking for the agreement' so lets see what they come up with - fresh air I would imagine. If its anything but that then deal with it appropriately.

Hi, We received Zackly that (obviously diff amounts) wording etc couple days ago - they default on CCA request today if nothing in post so we planing to send em acc in dispute letter & see what response we get (if any). Gd luck with urs. Mpols x

I would save the cost of a stamp. They are offering discounts, you have to ask yourself why? If they have all the right paperwork they have you bang to rights and could get a CCJ, they obviously haven't got it. I got the same offer letter, they will send you another one and then they will send another letter closing their file. Just sit back and wait.

Thanks fiftypence. that was the reassurance I was looking for. Once I've been here a few more years I'll be able to answer my own questions:rolleyes:

fox

Poor Allison is absolutely clueless. Still I suppose its part of the qualification to get a job with the Leeds Losers. She seems unaware that the law has changed and the offnce after 30 days no longer applies. Still its not our job to educate them. If Mr Cornell is happy paying his staff not to know their rear orrifice from their elbows thats his problem.

Allison will get a nasty shock when you make a complaint under the CPUTR 2008

Allison will get a nasty shock when you make a complaint under the CPUTR 2008

Good to see you're keeping a good eye on me.

Looks like I have some reading to do re:CPUTR 2008:eek:

fox

I would save the cost of a stamp. They are offering discounts, you have to ask yourself why? If they have all the right paperwork they have you bang to rights and could get a CCJ, they obviously haven't got it. I got the same offer letter, they will send you another one and then they will send another letter closing their file. Just sit back and wait.

Evening - Have printed off all Acc in dis letters for our 4 main DCA's that have defaulted on cca requests ( info in our other threads) & are ready to send tomoz but second thoughts now due to above comment (ta fiftypence)... Has any1 else an opinion please? :|

Cheers all.

Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

I agree with 50p . You do not need to send the account in dispute letters. IMHO they are a waste of time. DCAs are so called professionals and as such and by virtue of their licenses should be aware of their legal obligations under the CCA 1974. Its not your job to remind them.

If however they continue with their threats then send them the letters advising them that they are in LEGAL DEFAULT and make formal complaints to the DCA, TS, the OFT and your MP. In the meantime you need do nothing.

Thanks for prompt reply ODC - so in ur opinion - we shouldn't have to worry bout sending next letter? & I can withold payment now as well i believe? Thats brill news thankyou (saves me the squid rec delivery fee at least). Soz to squat on ur thread fox - have got me own but just wanted to jump in whilst had the chance quickly beings as in similar position at the mo! Thanks again.

Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

That's ok mpols. I'll pop over and have a look at yours now you've seen mine:roll::D

fox

Share & share alike - all friends here from what i can tell lol :p Not much on my Lowells one yet but a bit more on my Cabot (Doh!). Happy reading hun!

Mpols x

Hey Fox - Hows u hun? Any more news in last few days? Very quiet weekend for us - not a single phonecall! Or letter :D from anyone - altho am assummin will start again soon beings as we witheld payment to those that defaulted on cca request fri! :p About to start new thread tho' regarding NDR (Littlewoods) - might be interesting!

Hope all well.

Mpols x

Hi mpols,

hope you're well.

Yup, been very quiet for me for ages. I'm one of the lucky ones cos lowlifes don't have my phone number:D but no post either:mad: It seems weird that I'm hoping for post from lowlifes and nothing comes (well apart from the red letter)I just want them to either say no CCA and goodbye or yes we have one and then I'll pay them what I want, not what they tell me.

You know, when i didn't pay lowlifes a couple of months back, I felt guilty:???:

yes i know, silly sod!!

I'll keep a look out for your littlewoods thread. Till their is news, take care:-D

fox

"You know, when i didn't pay lowlifes a couple of months back, I felt guilty:confused:

yes i know, silly sod!!"

Ditto - i have felt terrible all weekend to be honest wondering if we are doing the right thing or not by not paying at the mo - & Also worrying about any grief we might be expecting from them - but ya know what? the truth is, we honestly can't afford it at the moment & thats just cos of utilities increasing etc & food/shoes etc for the littl'uns forget xmas - so i kinda gave meself a swift kick up the ar*e today (theoretically obviously - am not the yoga type :rolleyes: (no disrespect to any yoga types reading lol) and decided that yes if they can provide agreements obviously i will pay what i can but will be requesting charges etc back if they do to offset balance & until then they can swivel, cos me babes come first & it's not their fault that their dad was redundant & the dca's/o'c decided to be twa*s if u know what i mean rather than respectful of the fact we have been trying to improve our situ not ignore it! Harumph! Anyway... am clearly :Dfar less stressed now this eve lol & other than very cold am feeling much better ha ha. Glad all quiet for u too. Jx

Mpols x

:) Morning Fox - Just popping by to see if any news this last week? We had another standard reply re the 24 days passed. Hope you all well.

Mpols x ps. It's sunny Yay!! :D

Morning Mpols,

I'm ok(ish) thanks

No news this week at all from lowlifes. I'm hoping that they do something before christmas. It would be a nice treat if they can't find my agreement and even if they do I'll still be in a stronger position to dictate terms.

Yup, Sunny here too but still cold. Just forced myself to go to the shop and my hands are stiff with cold.

Hope all is good with you and pass my best wishes to your bro.

Is he gonna be stuck in Helmand over Christmas?

fox

Morning Fox, is weird how they go from bombarding us to literally nothing 'cept the occasional letter - i think we (my fam) have spent soooo long with the incessant calls & post that it is almost like a weird kinda drop in adrenaline now almost like rubarb & custard stating "it's tooo quiet rubarb" :) I mean - we can actually relax a little now & not have a panic attack every time the phone rings because even if they do contact us this site has given me so much more confidence on how to deal with them! I can't believe that so far out of 7 creditors 5 are dca & 2 are cap one & all were cca'd a month ago but not a single one has actually provided our agreement! Only two have sent anything in return & they are both blank unenforceable copies!

Unbelieveable eh - I sincerely hope this site keeps going a long long time because there must be soooo many more people in the same situ in need of the same support! Harumph! :D Ok, rant over - Yes bro is over there til end feb when he gets his r&r - is his 2nd tour same place i know he's a big boy now with his own choices etc but is still a bloody worry even tho you try not to show it in letters etc! We have been saving up any daft christmassy bits etc & sweeties/biscuits ya know, as the mod allow free parcels for 3 weeks so that we can all send stuff for christmas for them - is great when u see the pics when they get home & they all got their santa hats on etc!

Take care & here's to another (fingers xed) quiet week hunny!

Mpols x

Morning Mpols,

Roobarb and Custard? Are you now showing your age?:grin: I remember them from when i was young!:rolleyes:( Now I'm showing my age!:()

I had two brothers in the forces but they had it easy. My eldest was in the Coldstream Guards but was a medic so was able to go around in civvies most of the time and my brother one up from me was in the Signals and his job was to drive his C.O to whitehall most days. They both did tours abroad but never saw any action. Lucky sods

I would like another quiet week too but somewhere inside me wishes that something would happen. It's the not knowing that does it. While I'm not a control freak, I want to be in a position of power(delusions of grandeur) so when it comes to the fight I have all the cards.

Lets hope everybody(including your bro) have a quiet week

Take care,

fox x

A very good afternoon to all those that have helped me on this thread.

My first Christmas present came through my letter box today.

lowells4edit.jpg

How does it go:

Silverfox 1 lowlifes 0:-D

YEEHAH

I'm now taking bets on whether they'll try to pass it on to some other dirtbag.

Again, a big thankyou to all who have helped.

Crapbot is next:-D

fox

Thanks Fiftypence. Your advice is noted and appreciated.

Only one to go (unless my other creditors show up):-D

fox