Legal to tow away a car with a child seat in it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I park in a residential area where the parking is regulated by a private car clamping firm which is contracted by the building owners (who are a private company as well).

I live in the building and have a permit, as one day I came home late from the hospital (around 5:00 AM) I forgot to display my permit in the car window as I was very tired.

In the morning my car was towed, my neighbour did inform the clamping agents that the car they were clamping was a residential car but they went on to do it anyway and eventually towed it.

Now the car has a child seat in it and when I came out to go buy my 4 month old daughter milk my car was gone.

I called the clamping company but they were not budging and stood by their maxim "no permit, you get clamped - 400 pounds"

I want to know if there is a law which makes it illegal to clamp a car with a child seat in it?

Thanks for help in advance, any advice on how to get my car back without paying these parasites would be helpful.

Can't see you getting your car without paying.

At such an extortionate fee usual advice is to sue them for it and jointly name the landowner in the claim.

I've heard of it being done but not my area of knowledge.

-