Chris vs Natwest

blacksheep1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys - thanks for all the useful info. I've just totted up my charges and they come to £360, now I'm unsure as to the interest on my overdraft at that period, so do I have to claim for that interest as well? Also who do I send the initial request for payment letter to? My own branch or is there a centralised place to send it to?

Hi blacksheep1979, I am intrigued, as I am Blacksheep!

NatWest, initially refused to send me my statements until I sent them £15.00. I asked again enclosing a cheque for £10.00 telling them that this is the maximum they can charge.

I waited, and waited and asked again. My first request was Feb 27th 2006, suddenly my statements arrived saying they had only just received my request, this was on June 27th. The letter was dated Feb 2nd (They probably wanted to give the impression my letter had been lost in the post). However the accompanying letter was dated Feb 2nd 2006, three weeks before my original request!

I will have to complian to the information commissioner now.

I have subsequently received my statements 3 tomes over, good luck with your claims.

PS I've just submitted a cliam in the small claims court for £1484.31 from Nationwide building society. Keep your fingers crossed for me

Regards

Blacksheep

Hi Blacksheep1979

Working out the interest can be complicated, therefore most people do not add it to their claim at this stage.

I suggest you send your initial request for refund to your banks registered office.

In the case of Natwest it is:

135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3UR

Hope this helps

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

Hi

Is there a specific person to send to???

I suggest you send your initial request for refund to your banks registered office.

In the case of NatWest it is:

135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3UR

Hope this helps

Thanks

M

There maybe, but you would need to investigate the forum further in order to find out. I just sent mine addressed to "Customer Relations".

I also marked the envelope as being "Time Sensitive".

I suggest you use Royal Mail Special Delivery, that way you are guarenteed a signature, with Recorded Delivery you are not.

I hope this helps

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

Right got a reply

Dear Mr Anderson

Thank you fo your letter of 17 July 2006 and I apologies for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent

of course you do - you're getting money for nothing

We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff which we are satisfied complies with all applicable laws and regulations.

ok if you're sure they're ok - why haven't you ever gone to court to keep your money?

We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

We have considered the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006 aand do not accept its findings in relation to settling of credit card fees.

of course you don't as you lose out on some not so hard earned cash

We are concerned that the Office of Fair Trading has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts.

yup you hate losing cash don't you

The Office of Fair Trading has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with the RBS Group or the industry in relation to other entirely different products.

different products - yes, but similar style of charges thats why you never contest it in court and whys hould they consult you, so you can try worm your way out of it?

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views you have expressed and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your account

oh yes you will.....

I am disappointed to note that you are contemplating legal action against the bank.

yup as you will lose money

Whilst I hope you will feel able to reconsider, should you decide to go ahead, please ensure that any Proceedings are served on our Registered Office address, which appears at the foot of this letter.

I suspect that this is unlikely to be the answer you might have hoped to receive but nonetheless thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Higley

Actually signed - nice and I'm sure office and registered aren't proper nouns?!?

So I guess that means LBA time?

they really are daft if they don't pay out before small claims court time - as they will end up paying more, and whilst it isn't that much they still aren't being responsible to their share holders.

They must realise that all the identicle letters they receive are from here and that we all just don't give up - so they know where it is going....

• 2 weeks later...

Stick to your timescales, if they haven't answered that is thier fault!! Good luck x

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hmmm has anyone not receive a reply to their LBA? Natwest have till tues to reply to mine (know its still a few days off) and haven't responded.

Barclays didn't reply to mine, but it doesn't matter really, just go straight to MCOL :D

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Thats what I was going to do, but think its a bit odd that they didn't take yet another chance to try fob me off with the 'oh you agreed to it'

You're probably on the pile with the rest of us :D

Keep going.... if you dont get an answer go to the next stage... and on the bright side...is that you will eventually get your money... they are going to drag it out but at the end of the day... you will get there....

• 4 weeks later...

Oh you have had a defence before me, thats just unfair, they are playing the waiting game with mine. I will be watching with interest.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I'm gonna say CONGRATULATIONS.....hope Im not wrong!!!

Clark xx:p

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes: