Charlieho v HBOS -any sist information appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Decided to go and get charges back against HBOS - have followed procedure I used successfully against Nationwide.

HBOS have applied for sist at Greenock Sheriff Court.When I asked sheriff clerk at Greenock what was happening to sists,(when I lodged the small claim) she said that it depended on the sheriff hearing the case and that there had not been many bank charge small claims recently.

Do I have to tell HBOS that I am opposing the sist other than at the incidental hearing?? - I intend to use the arguments from the Govan Law Centre http://www.bankcharges.info/resources/sisted.pdf

Has anyone gone ahead and opposed a sist or gone to a hearing recently?

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I have had a sist refused three times by two different judges in Perth Sheriff Court. I used the Govan law Centre example of Cohen v Clydesdale bank and also hardship case. I would not bother to tell HBOS that you are going to oppose the sist. I did'nt and my case was against HBOS:)

Texel, thanks for that note of encouragement.

Not quite sure of court procedure -

Did you just stand up and quote the Govan law Centre example of Cohen v Clydesdale bank or do you present a written statement for the sherrif to read??

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

No bother once it was my time to speak (after the defence had their say) I quoted what I had written down from my notes. The Govan Centre bit I did not say it was from the Govan Law Centre. It let the judge know I had Done my homework. I stressed the point of the case being approved by The House of Session and was binding across Scotland. Hope this helps best of luck:)

Texel,

Thanks very much seems a bit daunting to stand up a read all this out but I'll give it my best.

Did you go to court after your sist was not granted or did the bank settle??

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

This case has been going on since feb I have been to court six times. i have been to the court on so many occasions that I am greeted Good morning Mr----. I have had cases against HBOS RBS and many credit card companies All ended settling out of court except this one I am doing for my son. The last day in court should have been the last one except I made a mistake I did not realise that for the proof day I had to have my proof papers handed to the court two weeks before the case. I had them with me but the judge told me I had to come again on the 5th.Nov So i made sure I got them to the court in time. I took them on the 9th. Oct. only to be told that the 5th. Nov. was only to arrange another day for the proof:mad: So i will be going again some time later:mad:. I hate to say it but the judge said the 5th. was for a hearing. But the sheriff officer said otherwise.:mad: So we will see whatn happens!

texel , you''ll get there in the end.

Have you heard of anyone losing there penalty charge case?

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

I was up in court in Tain two weeks again to appeal to a sist from RBS. The judge suspended the Sist until a conclusion is made to the OFT hearing at the end of this month. I used the GLC notes but the judge said the matter was persuasive and not binding. I did mention that ther OFT case could go on for years as either party may appeal to any decision made and that the matter may even go to a higher court.

I will recommend that you try and use a hardship case, I wish I made a better effort when I was before the Judge. It was my first time in front of a judge, I was bricking it, but the judge did explain things.

Good luck! Don't let it bother you, there are many people on this site that can help.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a hearing at Perth Sheriff Court on the 5/Nov againt Bank of Scotland. They've applied for a sist, so I was really pleased when I saw this topic and the link to the GLC sist document - I'll read that as prep. Thanks for the info.

As background I see that there was a judgement in Morton v BOS on 26/Aug (see Scots Law News, Edinburgh Law School for background) where the sheriff granted the sist. So it seems there's some inconsistency, given that texel has successfully defended against a sist in Perth (which gives me some hope!)

Anything else I should read up on or any other advice before I turn up on Wednesday?

Faolie,

Best of luck -let us know how you get on.

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Regrettably ,sist granted to HBOS at Greenock Sherrif court this a.m.:(

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW