Alex DeLarge V's Lowell (3 Mobile account)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a letter from Lowell, thought it was a cheque as they owe me money for costs from last weeks victory in court. It was not a cheque but 2 letters, 1 from Lowell and 1 from 3, regarding an old mobile account from about 4 years ago. The amount owed is less than £150.

My credit file is already ruined so I have nothing to lose + I hate the idea of this **** getting a penny from me.

I have read a similar thread today and the end result was they paid £100 to Lowell as their credit file was unblemished and was not worth damaging for the sake of £100.

I was going to offer 25% as full and final settlement and take it from there.

Your thoughts please.

I would make them prove the account is yours ande valid, you will need to request the original agreement and a copy of the final bill, without these what exactly are they collecting?

Can you CCA'em for a Mobile account or do you have to SAR?

Not a CCA

I'm afraid it's not covered, but how can they prove that you are liable for this debt without an agreement and a copy of the final bill to confirm the o/s balance

An SAR would serve the same purpose but it will cost £10, simply ask them to prove the debt is legitimate and that they have a right to collect it, it may not be covered by the CCA but the principle is the same

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

When I said right now, what I actually meant was, in a couple of months. Anyway, "Prove it" letter sent this week via recorded delivery.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

Received letter from Lowell informing me that they have made a mistake and that I

am not the debtor they are looking for, all details removed from system (yeah right)

and no further action will be taken (until they sell it on to the next bottom feeders for 2p).

Another positive result thanks to CAG.

Alex DeLarge 2 - 0 Lowell

Will post copy of letter soon.

Cheers Guys and Girls.

"Received letter from Lowell informing me that they have made a mistake and that I

am not the debtor they are looking for, all details removed from system (yeah right)

and no further action will be taken"

If they have admitted that.

Make a formal complaint under their internal complaints procedure and ask for compensation time, postage distress etc.

Totally out of order to demand money where they are unsure that you are the creditor.

"Received letter from Lowell informing me that they have made a mistake and that I

and no further action will be taken"

If they have admitted that.

Make a formal complaint under their internal complaints procedure and ask for compensation time, postage distress etc.

Totally out of order to demand money where they are unsure that you are the creditor.

I think this one is best left alone now ;)

• 4 years later...