Capital One card debt (CCA)

lexis200
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, we're getting confused:D

I did sign, but neither of us dated it as far as I can see. I wish I hadn't signed, but there you go:D

If there is no date on the form then I would ask how can you cancel the agreement...

The right to cancel gives you a statutory 14 days from WHEN you have signed it.... if its not been dated who is to say when the agreement was actually signed?

Actually the 14 days might not be applicable depending on how it was applied for I believe, but I think theres still a cooling off period after signing.

S.

Edited by the_shadow
adding extra titbits
  • Haha 1

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, thanks for that, I'll have a look.

BTW, why have you got a little plus sign by your name at the bottom of the thread? Is it because you're extra good at stuff?

Where ?.. I cant see a plus sign :confused: Dont peeps make a cross sign when they are warding off vampires n stuff:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there is no date on the form then I would ask how can you cancel the agreement...

The right to cancel gives you a statutory 14 days from WHEN you have signed it.... if its not been dated who is to say when the agreement was actually signed?

S.

There you go lexis:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In the 'currently active caggers viewing this thread' bit - you've got a little plus on the right hand side of your name:D

Same thought crossed my mind the_shadow, I'm just unsure if it's a deal breaker. I suppose it's always something else to add that's iffy, and that can never be a bad thing!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Where ?.. I cant see a plus sign :confused: Dont peeps make a cross sign when they are warding off vampires n stuff:D

Only mere mortals can see it :-D :-D :-D

Its cos your a superhero...... oh ok, its cos your a mod, name is in different colour too.

S.

nope, I cant see it lexis, perhaps it is only visible to other people ?

BCOBS

Perhaps it is. Rest assured though it makes you look very special:D

Awww, shucks :oops:

Ooh, Lexis, you have a + sign against your name now:)

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

'lo all:)

Had a reply to my letter. As expected, no answers to my questions, so I guess it's a complaint to the CEO asking if he will clarify matters.

One thing that did interest me was the line 'Your account status remains closed and the balance is £0'. First, I didn't ask either of those questions, and second - my balance is £0?

Does this mean it's been charged off and I can expect a DCA to show up soon (likely), or have they actually zeroed the account and eradicated the debt (unlikely, but I've just had a lovely couple of days with the kids so I'm in a very optimistic mood:D).

Any ideas on this?

• 2 weeks later...
Bumpity bump - anyone have any thoughts on the sentence about a £0 balance? My credit file still shows as the normal balance. I'm perplexed :confused:

I would put it down to crapone ineptness to be honest, I claimed an amount to be paid back to my balance, they sent back two replies.. first denying and saying bog off... the second one was saying they would not give me a cheque for £1000 as I had requested?

Think they have a pool of template letters and anyone can edit them, obviously they let the crayons loose on that day :-)

S.

Cheers shadow:)

Kind of what I thought but I hoped someone could tell me different:rolleyes: Guess I'll keep on keeping on at them.

• 2 weeks later...

lex, i read your thread and must admit its just a bl--dy nightmare trying to get anything out of the infamous "ellie" - ive been writing to her to try and get a ture copy of my agreement, and after her final response, which was the second letter from her in actober 2008. she has never replied to anything. Presume i must be favoured, because if she is off on sick leave, then my letters are waiting for her to come back.- Im going to give it another try, because the Capquest baddies are now using heavy boots to scare me - have subbed and wish you well, and endless patience, which we all need with crap one - still the upside to it is (in my case) the longer they procrastinate, the more money they will have to pay back in the end - Well thats my hope-pb

Hi pawnbrokers:)

Yep, they're not fun to deal with are they?:rolleyes:

Have you got a thread going? If you want to post it on here please do and we can pop in:)

Pawnbroker, I think Ms Renshaw is on maternity leave.. :)

BCOBS

Hi,

Reading this thread with interest as I'm having my own issues with Capital One, not least in the amount of phone calls I'm having to block!

Without going into too much detail I was struggling to pay the bill, returned the card and attempted to negotiate a payment plan, which, I assume, is still pending.

I wrote asking for a true copy of my CCA, yet all they sent me was a copy of their current T&C, naturally unsigned, ('we have removed signatures, blah, blah, blah), which was never signed as the credit limit stated was not what was originally agreed.

I assume that my next step is to write back and ask for a true copy of the original agreement, which was what I asked for in the first place, would this be correct?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Halifax

- Subject Access Request 19th June

- Statements Recieved (17 envelopes!)

- Preliminary Approach for £785 25th June

- Offer of £60!

- Declined offer and LBA sent 6th July

No response from Halifax

- Money Claim case filed 18th August

- Papers Served 23rd August

- Acknowledged 28th August

- Paid in Full ! 30th August

• 2 months later...

'lo all, long time no speaky:D

I had a letter from cap1 yesterday saying they had received my SAR but unfortunately some of the info was missing, so here is the last piece they can send me, and they have nothing else.

They've sent me another copy of the application form:confused: They already sent this in the SAR months ago, but this time it clearly says to check 'section 23' overleaf rather than the very blurry (and clearly not section 23) one on there last time.

What the hell are they playing at???

wish i could tell you lex, but iv been on at them forever, never got copy of agreement, but my claims have moved past the infamous ellie, iv now majored on to James (dingding) Bell. so maybe you still got long way to go- keep at them and formulate claim against them asap-meantime they will maintain that they have supplied whats required under the act, and continue to pass it onto dca's for action.

as for trying to get agreements on lower payments - all these beggars are the same, they pay lip service to wanting to help, but always want it thro a third party. - im still trying to get agreements, all the card co's still keep adding interest and late fees, so as i said earlier, better get in a claim for what they have taken from you and then see whats left that you might owe them.

could be even better if you had ppi on card, - pb

A load of us have been sold to Lowells - see Sunflower's thread. I complained to FOS earlier in the year and they said to write to Bell which I did and never got a reply. Then got two letters in the same envelope (like everyone else) one from capone saying they'd sold it and the other from Lowells.

Complained again to FOS and got letter from Bell saying I owed the money, and that they had sent the agreement twice earlier in the year which is complete and utter rubbish. They sent copies of a signature box twice and their t & cs. It's his final response so I'm going back to FOS again. I'm just waiting because his letter said he is sending another copy of the agreement which has not arrived. Maybe I'll get something different like you!!

Also on a thread, Sunflower's again, I think that Capone are second only to MBNA in the number of complaints received by FOS. No surprises there.

DD

These beggars know thaT fos HAVE NO TEETH and dont they show total and utter contempt, about our rights. - I am at a loss to know what can be done to escalate this continued abuse of rights. Ding DinG and ellie are now famous for this misinformation, but as long as the organisation who is supposed to do something has no bite, this will just go on im sure. with the certainty, that our debts will be moved on, "Terms fulfilled" - it really is no laughing matter - pb:mad:

'lo all, long time no speaky:D

I had a letter from cap1 yesterday saying they had received my SAR but unfortunately some of the info was missing, so here is the last piece they can send me, and they have nothing else.

They've sent me another copy of the application form:confused: They already sent this in the SAR months ago, but this time it clearly says to check 'section 23' overleaf rather than the very blurry (and clearly not section 23) one on there last time.

What the hell are they playing at???

Well if you dont know.. how the heck are we supposed to, Lexis :p

So are you still missing section 23 :confused: blurry or otherwise:)

BCOBS