Natwest revenge!

simonharri
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, this was my first post which I received lots of advice about, thank you to everyone who helped.

"Hello everyone, I'm looking to claim back unfair bank charges from my closed account. About six years ago when I was 15 or 16 NatWest gave me a cheque guarantee card, through me spending cheques erratically I incurred lots of bank charges, which resulted in me taking a loan when i turned 18 to pay back around £500 and £200 intrest. After repaying all the money I complained and recieved £143.97, but I'm sure I incurred more charges, is there any action I can take and should NatWest of issued me the cheque guarantee card at such a young age?"

Now I plan to take action, I will begin by requesting all my current account statements since my account opened, then I plan to claim back all charges, every last one of them. Below are some questions I have, any advice would be much appreciated.

Do I have to send ten pounds with my request for statements and if so in what form; cheque, postal order etc?

Can I claim back intrest payed on the seperate loan account, as some of the money loaned to settle my current account would have been charges?

I had almost the same thing but i had the loan given to me below the age of 18 but haven't complained till now and im now 19 and this happened two years ago.

Have a look at the link below that i have started about this charges thing below 18.

Oliver

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/16962-charges-under-17-years.html#post132791

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Guest NATTIE

Postal order or cheque. And no NW can give a cheque gurantee card at 16 years of age so no recourse on that score. If the loan related directly to charges, then maybe. I know that there is a thread in relation to a loan inthe TSB section, refund over £17k

So Natwest can let under 18's have a cheque card but if it gets misused and charges are incurred they cannot be enforced by the bank or the courts as they are wrong??

With me the charges were enforced under 18 and so was the loan and the loan was put in place to clear the un authorised borrowing in the account.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 3 months later...

Does anybody out there watch the X Factor? The band who were disqualified, Avenue, are being held to contract by the X Factor. This means that the lads are not allowed to release any records, promote themselves on TV etc until April 2007. My question is, is this contract legal, bearing in mind that they have been disqualified from the X Factor? This seems grossly unfair - the X Factor don't want them, but they are severely blocking the band's chance of success.

It is particularly unfair when you consider that participants who are still in the the show also had management deals previously (the reason why Avenue were axed in the first place)! Can anybody help with this, or have any suggestions?