UK26 -V- Experian Limited

UK26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Remember......

MC00001-2T.jpg

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all i can say is, the matter is still on going and actually its made my case even stronger. just means the end resault has been delayed and will go to full trial.

I need to reframe from replying now im affraid, my hands are tied

All the best Dave. No doubt when the victory is won we shall all hear about it.

can we have a re-cap on this Experian issue then so we can get back on topic? I seem to have completely lost grasp of the issues and consequences if Experian loses the case? Ideally the non-legal speak would eb appreciated as I get completely confused with that wierd language!

UK

I understand u are refrained from replying but can u please speak to one of the site team re my request to do with lowells and this case.

If they dont know what iam on about then please PM me.

GM

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

We cant do nothing on the Lowell Case at the moment as we are waiting a response from Lowell.

I have yet another cracking case ready to go with Capquest Debt Recovery Ltd

full details over at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/157647-capquest-statutory-demand.html

this will be another good case in a bid for melt down with Experian :) :)

subb

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

uk26.

Thanks for the non sensative info u sent me re the donation.

i will be sending one when i get my money.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Very interesting indeed! Just been reading through all 27 pages - albeit just UK26's posts since there's far too much to read!

All the best though UK!

This post does not reflect the professional views of any DCA; it is purely the poster's own opinions and personal advice.

Hi All,

Here is what happened to Experian in the US, the same arguments should be put forward in UK too, they are the same company after all.

Boston-based consumer advocacy group. Mierzwinski called the number of complaints about obvious mistakes in credit reports "gigantic." A 2004 PIRG survey found that nearly one-third of credit reports contained errors serious enough to cause the denial of credit, employment or insurance.

Dennis, a 32-year-old television production coordinator, said he discovered the mistake when he tried to buy a computer. Denied a loan, he pulled his report and saw that Experian had listed a court judgment entered against him by a former landlord.

Actually, Dennis said and the appeals panel confirmed Tuesday, the landlord had filed a written statement with Los Angeles County Superior Court in late 2002 saying that he would drop a lawsuit he had filed when Dennis fell behind on his rent once Dennis cleared the debt. Dennis had done that by January 2003.

Dennis said he provided Experian with a court form showing the landlord's suit would be dismissed once the back rent was paid. When Experian stood by its claim that a judgment had been entered, Dennis sued in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, alleging that the company had violated provisions of federal and state credit reporting laws.

"They made it seem like it was my fault that it was reported erroneously," Dennis said Tuesday.

That, in fact, was Experian's argument -- that if anyone was in a position to correct the error in the credit report it was Dennis himself, something the plaintiff said he tried again and again to do.

How much did they get done for, bazaar?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi All,

Here is what happened to Experian in the US, the same arguments should be put forward in UK too, they are the same company after all.

Boston-based consumer advocacy group. Mierzwinski called the number of complaints about obvious mistakes in credit reports "gigantic." A 2004 PIRG survey found that nearly one-third of credit reports contained errors serious enough to cause the denial of credit, employment or insurance.

Dennis, a 32-year-old television production coordinator, said he discovered the mistake when he tried to buy a computer. Denied a loan, he pulled his report and saw that Experian had listed a court judgment entered against him by a former landlord.

Actually, Dennis said and the appeals panel confirmed Tuesday, the landlord had filed a written statement with Los Angeles County Superior Court in late 2002 saying that he would drop a lawsuit he had filed when Dennis fell behind on his rent once Dennis cleared the debt. Dennis had done that by January 2003.

Dennis said he provided Experian with a court form showing the landlord's suit would be dismissed once the back rent was paid. When Experian stood by its claim that a judgment had been entered, Dennis sued in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, alleging that the company had violated provisions of federal and state credit reporting laws.

"They made it seem like it was my fault that it was reported erroneously," Dennis said Tuesday.

That, in fact, was Experian's argument -- that if anyone was in a position to correct the error in the credit report it was Dennis himself, something the plaintiff said he tried again and again to do.

:-| that may be true, if you check your report and find something wrong you can ask for it to be investigated and if found wrong, corrected, fair enough but.........

Two flaws in that

Firstly how long it takes to investigate (i could add more but shall refrain)

secondly you have to pay to find out something is recorded incorrectly before you can ask for it correcting

ignoring the first point, Anyone else see whats wrong with that argument if they try use it over here?

Now if we could accses our credit files for free any time we want then they may be able to argue that point but not all of us can afford there 'subscription service' and doing it the £2 way is slow and a lot of hassle:-x

:-| that may be true, if you check your report and find something wrong you can ask for it to be investigated and if found wrong, corrected, fair enough but.........

Two flaws in that

Firstly how long it takes to investigate (i could add more but shall refrain)

secondly you have to pay to find out something is recorded incorrectly before you can ask for it correcting

ignoring the first point, Anyone else see whats wrong with that argument if they try use it over here?

Now if we could accses our credit files for free any time we want then they may be able to argue that point but not all of us can afford there 'subscription service' and doing it the £2 way is slow and a lot of hassle:-x

Another problem with Experian.

I offered to provide them written proof to stop processing data (not adverse data) - but they said that their client had confirmed it was correct, so they were not going to do anything about it.

I contacted them via a different email address than the one my credit expert account is registered to.

So, I asked them what checks that had done to verify my identity.

Went silent.

This one is being kept up the sleeve for appropriate use.

Another problem with Experian.

I offered to provide them written proof to stop processing data (not adverse data) - but they said that their client had confirmed it was correct, so they were not going to do anything about it.

I contacted them via a different email address than the one my credit expert account is registered to.

So, I asked them what checks that had done to verify my identity.

Went silent.

This one is being kept up the sleeve for appropriate use.

at the end of the day they only care about there customers. i.e. the banks or credit card firms

Yep, thats my point, its all too one sided, this guy in the States went through so much hassle to get justice. But maybe using evidence of their tactics as a company could sway a court to our side.

Bazzaar

I dont know if u can use court records/docs or cases from other countrys, eg the us one u posted above, but if UK can maybe that would be summing he can use.

I think we are missing the point hre. Why do we have this type of ''credit filing system''?? Is'nt like this that most of us are desperate to stay clean, have a good credit rating and be patted on the head so that we can borrow more money and be in more dept. Who is (or was) benefitting most if you had a stain on your file causing you pay a ''penalty rate'' on your loan or mortgage?? Money were and are always available, but, at a cost and as many of us knows, we end up borrowing from Welcome Finance and the like @ 28% interest or a mortgage with Preferred @ 9.8%. Everything in this world has a purpose and I cannot see any other use for a credit file system/company like Experian or Equifax than to keep us in line and then screw us for the last pennies we have. Who gave a s..t mortgages were bundled and sold on and why we weresveating away trying to survive in our £600,000.00 houses with 620,000.00mortgages we were constantly told to check our credit files and WORK on them to improve our status. Who the hell can do that when you just stopped eating more than once a day in order to pay the mortgage and whatever else there was.

That is an excellent point. The sickest thing is that they have now bunddled up the services that help the banks et all to screw us in the first place and have sold them back to us as the like of 'Credit Expert'. This is so we can see how much information they are storring us (legally or not) to then charge us more money and make the problem much worse.

You are right, we are terrifed of having a bad record. That is why, when you decide that you don't want or need credit any longer it becomes so much easier to deal with everything they throw at you.

All this is why cases such as this are so important.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks