• Tweets

• Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
    • Actually there wasn't a massive amount of work to do on the WS.  The "meat" was there because of the great work you'd already done. Here is a version which I think is nigh-on finished. However, with Easter there are a few days for the other regulars to suggest tweaks. Defendant WS.pdf
    • Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer via phone. This part has now failed, as confirmed by the manufacturers who sent out their engineer FOC. This engineer installed a replacement part, our machine came back to life, but sadly they had to remove this part used for testing as "we would be charged for it" otherwise and reinstalled the old faulty board. The retailer are refusing to replace this part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

UK26 -V- Experian Limited

UK26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Subbing, very interested in the outcome of this. I was planning something similar against the CRAs last year but had to put it on the back burner

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Excellant result well done

I noticed they said they would check proof, they should do that anyway when the consumer brings a complaint up! cheeky blighter!

Good luck

Never mind when the consumer complains. They should do it for each and every item of data they hold. If they aren't able to do that due to the volume of data they hold they either need better systems or less data

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Thanks guys for your support, Mr Mills ant a happy bloke lol

I'm looking forward to the trial and watching Experian try there best to wiggle out of this lol

2 weeks ago i asked Experian to delete information from my file regarding a default for a regulated hp agreement,i have not payed a penny towards a vehicle i was provided to which was not the vehicle supplied since march 08,Volkswagen finance then issued a default on my file for 6 non payments, its actually 8 missed payments,but the contract has been rescinded therefore not legally enforceable,Experian have been informed to remove the incorrect data from my file due to it being a non enforceable contract, and the info is incorrect,they say they are not allowed to supress the information without the lenders permission or the commissioners office, Experian have contacted VW 2 weeks ago to ask for there comments but without any answer. So i emailed Experian yet again to ask for the information to be removed by this Friday the 7th Nov, the information is still on my file,so i have asked if they cannot provide documentry evidence from the lender i want the default supressing,but they say they cannot remove it.the dispute relating to the vehicle has been in the hands of my solicitor since March 08 and is still ongoing, yet Experian will not remove the default yet they have no evidence at all from the lender.your comments please

Maybe, if i win my case with the help of you guys, it will be a big lession for them and they may then stop doing the stuff they do and keep fobbing of people.

MR Mills, said to me yesterday, that they dont do suchj thing, I said there are alot of pis*se* off people, he said, alot of the time people complain about nothing just to try and get information deleted.

He claims, in the last 10 years, i am the only one so far who has managed to get a case listed for a hearing. so he is worried

Sorry UK26 not a N244 answer. Sorry to all other caggers but this question has been burning inside me all day and to be honest I feel that I must not be the only one thinking this right or wrong. But to get the right info is what we are all here for...to help eachother. Now for the question...would it not have been easier to serve the court papers on the Creditors that put the details on your file in the first place this way they would have had to answer and therefore because they could not supply the correct documentation would have almost def' removed your details from the CRA files. Please understand UK26 I think what your doing is brill and am behind you. These CRA's must think the law don't apply to them.

Edited by mahharg

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

well done uk26 keep going you will win and i will learn from you and i will be suing equifax then for failing to remove incorrect data about myself.

i am learning lots and let us all sue the cra's now when they put incorrect data on our files

alll the best uk26 i will be looking every day at your brillian posts

would it not have been easier to serve the court papers on the Creditors that put the details on your file in the first place

Better to take one company to court and get say 4 incorrect pieces removed then to take 4 companies to court. And your also liable to recieve compensation as well.

because they could not supply the correct documentation would have almost def' removed your details from the CRA files.

Experian ONLY remove information if told to do so by either the company providing the info, The courts or The Information Commisioner.

They ignore all requests from Joe Public to remove, DESPITE them recieving proof the info is incorrect.

I hope this gives a better understanding of his actions, Im sure if im incorrect he will pop along and say so

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

Better to take one company to court and get say 4 incorrect pieces removed then to take 4 companies to court. And your also liable to recieve compensation as well.

Experian ONLY remove information if told to do so by either the company providing the info, The courts or The Information Commisioner.

They ignore all requests from Joe Public to remove, DESPITE them recieving proof the info is incorrect.

I hope this gives a better understanding of his actions, Im sure if im incorrect he will pop along and say so

I have had my default removed today regarding a non enforceable hp agreement,it took 3 weeks to sort with Experian,they fobbed me off with the commissioners office,they cannot remove the default without the lenders consent and the commisioners office,bla, bla, bla,so i threatened them to remove the default by 12 o clock yesterday,this has happened they have no evidence from the lender so they have suppressed the information,quote the data protection act section 41 43 etc you can download the act from the following link www.experian.co.uk/www/pages/downloads/compliance/guidance_on_defaults.pdf

and threaten them with court action unless they can substantiate from the lender the default is correct.they are only a company not a government body if they dont comply with English Law threaten to libel them if the information is incorrect.

Do you have a template of the letter you sent them

Regards DK

Just click on the link in my post above and print out then disect the relevant data protection rules thats relevant to your case, but you must make sure you have compelling evidence to have a default removed from a solicitor/barrister because it must be truthfull its very self explanatory when you read the act dont let them fob you off keep harrassing the CRA weekly,as they are harrasing you credit report and your worthiness for credit,they are only obliged to comply within the data protection act,and it does not overide English Law.

Thanks for the update, keep up the excellent work

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

The Allocation Questionnaire gives hint that this case will go fast track

N150 been given to me to complete and not the normal N149

Need your help guys, i would like to make it really hard for experain

any suggestions on completing this AQ?

Proposed directions?

Which track do you consider is most suitable for your claim?

Edited by UK26

I would try and keep it to the small claims track....if it goes to fast track and do happen to lose you will be liable for Experians costs.

Also I would remind you the ICO legal Guidance also reminds data controllers that as well as complying with the DPA, they must also abide by all other statutes, laws, regulations and guidelines both statute and common law.

sparkie

Wonder why Experian would want to incur substantial legal costs in defending this case, even in the very unlikely event they win, the claimant might not have the ability to pay their costs which would run into £1000's. Now multiply this by 100 claims or maybe 1000.

Edited by humbleman

[update]

Just sent the below email to Mr Mills

Dear Mr Mills

I now draw your attention to Section 42 and 45 of http://www.experian.co.uk/www/pages/downloads/compliance/guidance_on_defaults.pdf

Unless you can confirm to me, the defaults in question have been removed within the next 24 hours, I will be filing an application at court for summary judgement against Experian.

Please also note, I have received the Allocation questionnaire from Peterborough County Court. The fee required to send this to the court is £200.00 and I will ask all my legal costs in obtaining judgement to be awarded on top of any compensation.

I await your response.

UK26

keep it up "D" going well

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Good luck again...

somehow not getting update emails, so will re-sub LOL

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks