Red Debt Collection Services for 1st credit on old T-Mobile 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what my next steps should be here. I received two letter from this company last week - one for T-Mobile for £80.95 and the other for 1st credit for £259.89. I did have a contract with T-Mobile a few years ago but when I ended the contract the account was cleared and, to the best of my knowledge, I owe them nothing. I have no idea what the 1st Credit one is.

I sent separate letters requesting the credit agreement, using the template letter from this site last week. This morning I have received another two letters from them. The T-Mobile one reads as follows:

We are in receipt of your request for a copy of the executed credit agreement in accordance with Section 77(1) and/or 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The account agreement to which you seek is not a regulated agreement under the Consumer credit Act1974 and the provisions of this Act do not apply to this debt.

Our client therefore has no obligation under the provisions of the Act to supply the information requested by you.

We would therefore request you contact us on the number below to put forward your proposals to settle the outstanding debt.

And the 1st Credit letter reads as follows:

We refer to your request for a copy of your original credit agreement in accordance with the provisions of Section 77(1) and/or 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The account from which the above amount is due relates to a bank account that you held with 1st Credit.

While this account is a regulated agreement I would refer you to Section 74(b) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 whereby any requirement to supply a copy of the agreement is exempt for current bank accounts.

We would now request that you please call the number below to arrange re-payment of this debt by return.

I'm not sure what to do at this this point. I do not owe T-Mobile anything and I've never held a bank account with 1st Credit so obviously I'm not going to pay anything but I'm not sure how to word the letters back to them.

Any advice would be very gratefully received!

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what my next steps should be here. I received two letter from this company last week - one for T-Mobile for £80.95 and the other for 1st credit for £259.89. I did have a contract with T-Mobile a few years ago but when I ended the contract the account was cleared and, to the best of my knowledge, I owe them nothing. I have no idea what the 1st Credit one is.

I sent separate letters requesting the credit agreement, using the template letter from this site last week. This morning I have received another two letters from them. The T-Mobile one reads as follows: Mobile not covered by CCA, contact tmobile in the first instance to query this

We are in receipt of your request for a copy of the executed credit agreement in accordance with Section 77(1) and/or 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The account agreement to which you seek is not a regulated agreement under the Consumer credit Act1974 and the provisions of this Act do not apply to this debt.

Our client therefore has no obligation under the provisions of the Act to supply the information requested by you.

We would therefore request you contact us on the number below to put forward your proposals to settle the outstanding debt.

And the 1st Credit letter reads as follows:

We refer to your request for a copy of your original credit agreement in accordance with the provisions of Section 77(1) and/or 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The account from which the above amount is due relates to a bank account that you held with 1st Credit.

While this account is a regulated agreement I would refer you to Section 74(b) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 whereby any requirement to supply a copy of the agreement is exempt for current bank accounts.

We would now request that you please call the number below to arrange re-payment of this debt by return.

I'm not sure what to do at this this point. I do not owe T-Mobile anything and I've never held a bank account with 1st Credit so obviously I'm not going to pay anything but I'm not sure how to word the letters back to them.

Any advice would be very gratefully received!

are you sure this is 1st credit because they are a DCA and the only thing they do with current account si try and empty other peoples.

I would send them a prove it letter re the 1st credit thing and contact tmobile re the phone bill

Edit this to suit.

DO NOT SIGN IT

Send by recorded delivery:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

Damn Possvox beat me to it :-)

Hi PGH!

Cut & Paste I'm afraid!

PV ;)

• Haha 1

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

Teamwork, it's what makes CAG so wonderful! :D

PV

Good Luck!

Keep us posted.

PV :-)

Hello!

I am having the same problems with Lowell Financial Ltd and a mystery debt from 1st Credit - what makes it even more laughable is that it is against a property I have never lived so it is clearly a case of mistaken identity!

After another threatening letter today telling me that they are going to send someone round I have decided to report them to Trading Standards, so I wait with interest as to the next installment.

I hope they leave us both alone soon!