Misold Used Vauxhall

cp33c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm hoping someone might be able to give some advice on a situation we've managed to get ourselves into. My apologies for the essay but a lot has happened

We purchased a used 53 plate vauxhall from a vauxhall garage in May this year. During the weekend just gone the car broke down. Basically it would turn over but wouldn't start. Called the AA to come take a look. After some investigation the guy says he suspects it as the fuel pump and so tows me to the nearest vauxhall dealership as I tell him that the car is covered by network

Q warranty. Anyway as it was Sunday we had to wait until yesterday to actually speak to someone. So yesterday morning phoned the garage and explained why my car is on their forecourt. I informed the guy that the car is covered by network q and the guy books it in for inspection. He gives me the number for network q so I can organise a courtesy car. So I phone network q, she takes my reg number. She then comes back on the phone and informs me that the car is not covered by network q. After regaining my thoughts I tell her that's impossible as I purchased it from one of the approved dealers. She said unless the reg is wrong then I don't have cover. She advised me to call the garage I purchased the car from to get my policy number. So I call the garage and speak to the service manager. He checks on the system and informs me that my car was not sold with a network q warranty and that I have a 3rd party warranty. He tells me that it could be due to the age of the car or how many miles it's done and tells me to speak to the sales manager. So while I'm waiting for the sales manager to arrive at the garage I phone he other garage that has my car and tell them the situation. They tell me that if it is not covered by network q then I'm in for a big bill....£700! That's if it's the fuel pump. I tell him to hold off looking at it as I can't afford that at the moment. So then I call the sales manager as he couldn't be bothered to return my call. He informs me that we have purchased the car under a 3rd party warranty and there was nothing we can do about it. Apparently my wife signed an order form that states that it has a non network q warranty. Our arguement is that all over the site it has that their used cars are sold with network q warranty and that no where does it say that the car has to meet certain criteria. Also when we were on our test drive I asked if we had to have the car with the warranty trying to shrink the cost. The sales guy replied that all cars are sold with a network q warranty and that they were unable to take the warranty off. I also spoke to another network q garage and asked if they had any criteria which they replied no we only buy network q approved vehicles which have to meet a state standard not age or mileage.

The good thing is that my car is covered under some sort of warranty but I'm finding that I'm not entitled to a load of stuff which I would have had if it was covered by network q which is one of the reasons we bought the car. We knew that the next couple of years money is going to be difficult. I've got a newborn and a toddler, my wife is also on maternity leave so only getting just under half of her normal salary

Does anyone know if we have a case here to claim that we were misold the car? Or because we've already signed an order form that states that the order included a non network q warranty do we have to put up with it?

Any help would be appreciated

Just thought I'd post an update. I've just got off the phone to the ConsumerDirect people. They've told me that it is very much 50/50 and that it would no doubt go to court to decided by a judge. Apparently due to the fact that we signed the order form we have acknowledged that the car was sold without the network q warranty. However, there is quite a bit of evidence to show that they did not tell us that we were not purchasing a network q car ie when haggling with the guy I suggested removing the warranty and he said that all cars are sold with the network q warranty and so they couldn't remove it.

After speaking with the Sales Manager he keeps telling me that there are stickers inside the car saying that it is not covered. The only problem with this is that at the time we bought the car, it was being driven around by one of their sales reps and was not in a for sale condition (no stickers, non valeted, etc)and he had removed all the stickers (we assume) and so we didn't see any of the stickers. Secondly the site itself has billboards and other notices all over their forecourt explaining that the cars come with this warranty and our car was sitting right next to one of these billboards when we looked at it and decided. We've been instructed to send a letter to the dealer and the finance company explaining whats happened. We've also been told to go and get as much evidence to support the case as at the moment it is very much hear say.

We've been instructed to send a letter to the dealer and the finance company explaining whats happened. We've also been told to go and get as much evidence to support the case as at the moment it is very much hear say.

You might tell the finance co that : Your not going to pay for the car due to the problems.

Then tell the garage where you bought it that: You will give them any amount of bad press.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Ok got another update and this is not a good one.

After endless hastling Vauxhall to take a look at the vehicle they have finally found the problem. Apparently a broken earth cable in the wiring loom that supplied the ECU has broken. To make matters worse this has somehow also blown the ECU of the car. Total to fix it.....£2000! They then proceeded to tell me that the cost is not going to be covered under warranty as the warranty does not cover wiring faults and any damage that has been caused by a wiring fault. I then asked the question of if it would be covered under Network q. The guys answer was of course yes it would have.

So I have made a call to the finance company explaining the situation. They told me to contact the broker which I'm going to do shortly. The wife and I are obviously fuming about what has happened and we don't have the £2k to fix the car. If we stopped paying the finance company and they eventually had to repossess the car, is that all they're entitled to? In other words once they've taken the car would they move to extract other costs against us? Now the car is going to cost £2k to fix, it is obviously going to be worth less.

Our next plan of action is to speak to the broker company and see whether they are going to do anything about it. Obviously our stand point is that we have been misold the car.

It would appear that my problem has now got worse (if thats possible!) My car has just been recovered back to my house for me to find that they couldn't be bothered to put it back together again! I now have a load of parts in my boot which I have no idea where they go being a non-mechanic and when I look under the bonnet all my fuses are on show, along with loads of wiring and the all the casing has been taken off.......lets hope it doesn't rain!

Hi, this is simple: You don't own the car, the finance co does. If you refuse to pay due to the problems then, they will simply send it back to the garage where you bought it. The same thing happened to me over a sofa.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast