• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Getting MY furniture back

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4393 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

don't where to post this so putting it here. My ex is keeping my furniture. He fully admits that this is my property and he is keeping it out of spite and nastiness, he has lied to his solicitor about this though. I have the receipts to prove I bought it. For other itmes I have sworn statements from witnesses who attest that the property was given to me exclusively and not to my ex. I didn't live with him when the property was either bought or given to me. We lived together for about a year with my furniture. I also inherited some of it after my mam's death from her estate. She didn't leave a will but my dad made a will after she died saying that all of the properties jointly owned by my parents while my mam was alive are to pass to me and my brother and remain in our possesion. So basically he can't keep any of this stuff right? I mean I have proof of purchase for some items and others would be covered by the will dad made?

My ex is also alledging that my landlords furniture are his and I stole them from him. I rent my flat fully furnished so this is laughable. He states he ellected not to pursue recovery action as he considers this property he alledges I took from to be full and final payment for my furniture which he is keeping illegaly. Except the problem is I didn't take anything from him. He is trying to say I took his furniture from him but the furniture in my property is my landlords. He can't do that.

His solicitor is an imbecile who has advised him that it is illegal for me to apply to a court to reposses my furniture when I have the receipts proving that I bought it and I inherited some of it from a will. I mean it is legally mine.

Help please

Have you been to a solicitor for a "free half hour exploratory discussion" of your case - I don't know where you are but round here that's the general thing to do - then if there's anything to be done you can do it - funds permitting.

I'm only saying this in case no one comes back with a definite answer

Yes I'v been to see a solicitor but it is very frustrating trying to get in contact with him as he is very busy. I think he is now looking at getting legal aid to cover the case if it will as the cost of the furniture my ex is trying to dispute is reasonably low about £500 or perhaps £600 at most. My ex says I took some of his possesions which is bull. My landlord will provide a legal statement saying I do not have any possesions or belongings from my ex and that the only property I have is my own ie: ladies things, clothing, ornaments, footwear, jewellery, etc and that there are no male possesions here. I also have a tenacy agreement stating that my flat is fully furnished and rented like so with a list of my landlords possesions. However my ex waffles he can reposses these and take recovery action to get my lanlords furniture handed over to him. Baloney. That would be fraud. I am my landlords tenant and I couldn't take recovery action against my landlord if I left here or was evicted! The other items he is claiming are his are covered by a will. These are part of my legal inheritance from my dead mam's estate. After her death my dad drew up a will stating that all possesions and belongings jointly owned by my parents and gifted to his children are to go exclusively to us and to no one else. The things covered by the will and being illegally kept by my ex are two matching chests of drawers, a bookcase and a wall shelf. These were exclusively gifted to me by my mam while she was alive and were in here home, I moved them to my exs flat for a short time while we lived together but they are covered by my inheritance. My bed also is as me and dad bought it jointly between us for my sole use at the flat as it's only occupant at the time. Other items not covered by the will were given to me and me only as gifts by my uncle and my brothers ex wife. My ex doesn't have a leg to stand on as this property is legally mine. Can anyone advise further?