Jimbos Vers. HSBC

Jimbos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I was put onto you by a friend who got a payout from HSBC (£1650 of £1890 - unreal..). At first I was sceptical but upon investigation I am now a believer! I knew I was poor at managing money but after looking into my accounts I find I have paid £3829 in Charges since Aug 04!!!!

The level of charges made by HSBC is staggering, so now I have composed my Preliminary letter and will be delivering it to the bank by hand today.. I look forward to hearing there response and I will keep you posted. Just want to say thank you for giving us all the chance to try and strike back at the banks, if I win I will be giving back.. Jimbos...:)

HSBC £3829.00 Prelim letter sent 17/7/06 :wink:

£1996.00 Offered 9/8/06 :rolleyes: .. See you in Court!

MCOL Filed 15/08/06 :)

DG response asking for info 8/9/06

RBOS S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 12/07/06 :cool:

Prelim letter sent 29/8/06 £2552 requested!!!

Good luck and keep at them. I had to keep phoning to get a response apart from, yes I see your letter on the system and no, dont know when we will sort it out!!! Customer services put a note to the investigating team to tell them to hurry up.

Pre-Lim letter sent 28 June 2006- received 4th July 2006.

18 July 2006- offer of £594.86 (which includes charges they are going to take from me mid next month)

• 2 weeks later...

:cool: Evening all,

No word from the mighty HSBC in relation to the prelim letter I sent 17/07.

Interesting that they have responded to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter I sent before realising that I had the data going back to 2004 online, I used this to put together the prelim letter.. Hope ive not confused them by askin for data then a refund before receiving the data. I have just put together the LBA, will be posting on Monday. The letter had a intersting note in relation to the manual intervention required:

Although many of our systems are automated, a "manual intervention" by HSBC staff may be required in a varity of situations including; account opening, dealing with correspondance or telephone calls,, when deposits or withdrawals are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration.

Do you think they are lining up for a get out clause or did they actually read the SAR letter..?

Getting twitchy now, I read that HSBC are closing accounts of people making multiple claims against them. I only need the one, although it is for two account numbers.. Should I have seperated the refund requests?

HSBC £3829.00 Prelim letter sent 17/7/06 ;)

RBOS SAR sent 12/07/06 :cool:

dont worry about confusing them, they will know whats coming anyway, the wording that you quoted is standard waffle, they have tp put this out to make it appear that everything is legitimate, and also to try and dissuade you, but you know better ;) ,

yes hsbc have closed accounts down, but only as far as im aware for those that claim twice, dont seperate the refund requests unlesss the amount goes over £5k

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

dont worry about the manuel intervetion bit , they sent me exactly the same. they then offered a subtanial amount as full and final settlement at the prelim letter stage, which i have accepted as part payment only, and i am pushing on with claim for full amount, but as yet had no reply.

good luck with your claim; dont let them put you off

:mad:LF53

• 2 weeks later...

So, following the LBA I receive a offer of £1996 (Half the requested)... nice to know that I have reached someone, tempting also I must say.

Question:

Deadline for LBA is Tuesday next week, Do I have to reply to the offer or can I just disregard it and go to MCOL? by the time the letter gets to them it will be time to claim anyway, I don't want to hold the process up.

Its inspiring reading the threads of the people that have taken the process all the way, I only hope I can emulate them...

they offered me 1995 against 2700 at prelim stage, it was tempting, but i replyed with lba saying i would accept it as part settlement. i then recieved a reply basisally saying bog off. claim being filed at court on monday, and the amount has now risen to 3450.

if u want to accept it good luck and well done, if not, wait till you send lba and say you will accept it as part settlement only, then wait for there responce,

good luck either way kevluff

sorry, just noticed they made offer at lba stage, so just write back with your decision one way or another, and see what there reply is,and take it from there. i was being a bit hopeful and thought they might stump up the whole amount, it turned out i was being a bit naive, so as i said before off to court tommorow

Both letters have been addressed to the manager at the local branch, Looks like the internal mail sorted it out...

I don't know whether to bother replying to the offer though..

Right, MCOL filed Tuesday... the waiting game beings again. Feel like Im doing something wrong though, no responses as yet.

• 4 weeks later...

DG Soliciters asked for the claim details on Friday last week, sent off the breakdown over the weekend. The MCOL runs out this week so i'm sure that I will hear something soon, the waiting is killing me though.

• 7 months later...

I haven't posted for what feels like forever, but I got £4.5k out of them for this and went on to get RBS for £3.3k too. As allways follow the procedure and get your facts right and the charges will be refunded eventually. Justa note to all out there who doubt their ability to carry it through, this site and the people who post must be the most knowedgable and genuine bunch I have ever heard of. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the CAG -Team."

LOL class :)

Cue music....

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D