• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Arrow/Shoos claimform - old MBNA debt - settled by Tomlin - drydens now write saying pay us not Arrows?

toxicdebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well it has now been 100 days since I sent my SAR off to MBNA and still nothing.

I sent the second part of the CPR off last week as they completely ignored my first and thinking about it and I've said it before every request I've ever sent them. And blow me they called me this morning wanting to dicuss this request. Told the bloke to feck off and come the **th April 4pm if you haven't delivered what I want then I'll be popping down to the local county court and let the games begin. He didn't know what to say to that and went very quiet.

Also had to remind him about the you don't have permission to hold my numbers so why are you calling me and writing only then I put the phone down.

Then another letter popped through the letter box from Gail Powell saying we want to help blah blah blah blah and if I don't contact them they will pass this over to a DCA. Well be my guest. They will only pass it back when they see you have failed on every request.

Any believe me if I can get the county judge to force you to produce the goods and you don't your fecked MBNA and no DCA will even touch it you co*k sucking ****.

And if I can't well................... but I can't see that happening as you have failed on every request, but you expect me to comply with your T&C's. Well I have rights to so *'#;#.',./.,/.,,,**'*'';# you. And if you are reading this then believe me I am more than willing to go all the way with this as you are the worst company I have ever dealt with and you have no morals.

Dear DCA

No CCA

No Statement of account

No SAR

No CPR1

No CPR2

Blah blah blah blah

So watch this space as it's game on as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry for the rant, but they just don't get it do they

Thanks

Scrapper Coco :cool:

Edited by Scrapper

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya toxic... good to see you again

and scrapper wondering where your full threads are cos its interesting reading and its good to see it all in one place

i can then subscribe toyour own threads too like i have done for toxic

its confusing sometimes when you try to follow somone's journey especially if you are right behind them in any issues you have in the same vein:wink:

let me know when you have your threads up and running please scrapper

laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Have you not removed your phone numbers from mbna online banking? (If you have it of course :))

I removed all my contact numbers and replaced them with a few made up ones :-D now i get no more calls 8)

Indeed I did Lee. But I left an old mobile Pay as you Go one on there. I leave it on my desk on silent mode. Its great fun listening to all the messages they leave, but they have dried up completely.

You would think that they would have taken note of the phone numbers on the Internet banking before I removed my land-line.

hiya all

got truecall and its bliss

really unbelievable peace

all sorted now

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 1 month later...

It seems RMA have given up and optima solicitors have taken up the gauntlet. I have received a letter from them threatening all sorts of frightening things - most of which they cant do - if i dont make payment immediately. I'm posting the letter up here so others can study and prepare themselves for this stage of the process.

Needless to say Optima will be getting a "this alleged account in is dispute and should not have been passed on to you". Including the usual blurb.

I am however taking the step of also passing the optima letter on to my MP pointing out that despite the commons debate 6 months ago about judges preventing Unsecured Loans being attached to a charging order on a customers property, the credit co's are STILL are threatening this. I will be informing Optima that i have passed on their letter to my MP so to bring their frowned upon actions to her attention.

What Optima dont know is my house is £27500 in negative equity, which - I would imagine - will sway a judge away from granting such an order.

Here is the letter:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s284/makum101/Optimathreatletter1a.jpg

hello toxic

oh dear got the same letter,,,,

i sent the letter ref charging orders to my mp last year gosh cant remember who started it all off,

but the other week did get a reply back from jack straw dept,,, meant to scan up - now noted to scan and start a thread up about it all

so this nicely ties in with your comments, i will be sending also to my MP this disgraceful letter ive had from optima too

im so cross this is still being used as threats, i may or may not have equity but sure to hell they aint getting nothing on my property for a lousy credit card alledged debt they cannot give me the proper paperwork for ...

lol im calmer now,,,,;)

so will be also sending complaint to oft,,, i found a link earlier to complian to them ref charging orders,,,i can post if you wish

take care united we stand so lets keep positive

laters angel x

Ive not yet complained to OFT as they keep breaking rules left right and centre so will wait until I have the lot to complain about in one go.

The Jack Straw reply would be interesting as I am gathering all relevant topics on it and emailing my Mp regularly asking how this matter is progressing. interestingly the replies from my MP lately have become a lot more comprehensive than the usual standard reply. Hmmmmm, I wonder why?!

HobNob Anyone?

It seems RMA have given up and optima solicitors have taken up the gauntlet. I have received a letter from them threatening all sorts of frightening things - most of which they cant do - if i dont make payment immediately. I'm posting the letter up here so others can study and prepare themselves for this stage of the process.

Needless to say Optima will be getting a "this alleged account in is dispute and should not have been passed on to you". Including the usual blurb.

I am however taking the step of also passing the optima letter on to my MP pointing out that despite the commons debate 6 months ago about judges preventing Unsecured Loans being attached to a charging order on a customers property, the credit co's are STILL are threatening this. I will be informing Optima that i have passed on their letter to my MP so to bring their frowned upon actions to her attention.

What Optima dont know is my house is £27500 in negative equity, which - I would imagine - will sway a judge away from granting such an order.

Here is the letter:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s284/makum101/Optimathreatletter1a.jpg

Interesting to see that Optima still don't have an address to respond to - isn't this breaking the law? Was the IE form printed on the back of this? It's just another standard threatogram as you have realised already.

Regards,

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi Fred

I have sent my reply to their registered office listed at the bottom of the letter. Are you saying it wont get there/ doesn't exist?

Yes there was an IE form printed on the back.

Edited by toxicdebt
Was addressed to wrong member. Sorry

All my mail to Optima goes to the Bradford Address and it gets there ok

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Indeed and good luck on this weekends events will it be Newcastle or Middlesbrough ?

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Have you not removed your phone numbers from mbna online banking? (If you have it of course :))

I removed all my contact numbers and replaced them with a few made up ones :-D now i get no more calls 8)

I removed my phone numbers but still they call. Even though they wrote and said they didn't have my phone number after phoning me about 10 times. I got the usual thing yesterday about them being a "telephone bank" and it was not their fault if I had not realised that when I took the account out. :p

Hi Fred

I have sent my reply to their registered office listed at the bottom of the letter. Are you saying it wont get there/ doesn't exist?

Yes there was an IE form printed on the back.

Toxic,

That's what I was looking for but couldn't see. They used to send out these letters with no reply-to address but a few of us complained to Companies House. I'm still not sure it's entirely legal though - I thought it had to be clear - not in the small print.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Received 8 Calls (to my old Mobile) and interestingly two text messages - both saying "you have received a letter from Optima legal earlier today. the correct number to contact us on is xxxxxx."

Yeah Right!

Tomorrow they will receive my written reply.

I texted back saying "you have received a reply to your letter via post READ IT" but it failed to send.

They can't read letters, they are a telephone bank, remember! When I said they were able to SEND letters I was told they are all computer generated. They then went into their highly technical and articulate "You've spent the money, you need to pay it back" argument. YAWN

And I still love Darset's reply when they said they were a telephone bank "that's a shame as I am a letter writing person."

I did say to the person from MBNA I could understand why she was in a bad mood having such a cr%p job but they went all defensive and said MBNA don't owe you money, we don't have to do anything. WHATEVER :p

Interesting to see that Optima still don't have an address to respond to - isn't this breaking the law? Was the IE form printed on the back of this? It's just another standard threatogram as you have realised already.

Regards,

Fred

What is an IM form? How do they know we are homeowerns what database do they check on? and can they put a charging order on the home without taking you to court, and the judge saying that you will get a ccj? really concerned about this as iv just had a similar letter from mbna, should I reply to it.

Hy toxic.looks like you moved on big time.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Think they check out your property with the land registry - also think the CRAs sometimes carry details of your mortgage debt (not certain of this, only heard it from someone else).

They sometimes try applying for a summary charge; you just have to defend it.

Try not to worry too much before the event MT - that's exactly what they want you to do;)