faulty samsung tv can i claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Faulty Samsung Television - Model LE40B73BD

:mad2::mad2:

We had a faulty samsung television set, there are no parts for this television, you will most probably receive a refund of £200.00 from currys if you argue you will receive £290.00 refund from currys, no more no less, their customer service team, just want to argue and infuse situations, there are no apologies, will never purchase another samsung product or anything from Currys.

Samsung - THEY ADVERTISE OF 30,000 HOURS MINIMUM VIEWING TIME

Which is a joke - we had the set just under 18 months before the television set had no power, no picture.

:mad2:

We went to two indepedent companies for repair, both of which could obtain the spare parts as Samsung do not issue them.

There is a huge problem with Samsung televisions, however people are not informed of this... Google faulty samsung Televisions, there are 1000's

Samsung are aware, Currys Are aware the DSGI Group are aware, yet they continue to sell the faulty television sets. So after being out of pocket to the tune of £1000

The telephone numbers we used to get through

Currys Customer Service Telephone number - 08448 009 090

Currys - 0844 561 1234

PC World - 0844 561 0000

Dixons.co.uk - 0844 561 1111

Be nice to them or they get very angry indeed especially a woman called Sue who thinks she has the power to talk to you like you are rubbish, wow she's a horrible person, truly awful. In fact at one point she informed us, that she was not going to offer a refund, as she doesn't think she has to???

Currys Customer service team are rude, offensive, obtuse and ignorant, if it wasn't for us the consumer they would not be employed, but hey we just buy faulty samsung televisions, what do we know?

A very disappointed customer. Prepare to be fobbed off it will take time, you will have to contact your trading standards office for a reference number too, May I wish you every luck for refund of £200 - £290 -

Hi everyone.

As a working TV engineer of 20 years I would like to offer a few tips.

You do not need all the capacitors replacing. Any further issues after this repair has been done is almost always due to eeprom corruption.

Straight forward to fix and not too expensive for your local engineer to fix. I charge around £50 for the repair if caps and eeprom need changing.

I also write a large quantity of engineers reports for Currys/Comet/Dixons/Argos customers where their item has failed within 5 years. Always ring the customer help desk or go in to the shop. Be polite BUT firm, you may well be asked to obtain an engineers report. My local Currys actually send customers to me to write an engineers report for them. This costs £80 and is usually fully refunded by the shop concerned!

Be firm with them and you will get a result. I have never had any trouble with any of the firms after the customer has presented the engineers report.

I would also like to say that if anyone on this forum needs advice regarding audio/visual equipment then they are more than welcome to ask on my forum. Do a Google search for Television Magazine Forum and I will do my best to advise you.

• 11 months later...

Same problem as others but unfortunately had to be out of the country for a conference the next week. Phoned Samsung and reported the fault and a very charming young lady gave me the phone number of their approved repair company and said they would arrange an inspection. I phoned the repair company and was told they had not received anything from Samsung at that time but they would call me as soon as they had. Four hours later I phoned again and was told to contact Samsung again as they had not received anything and could not do anything without a job number from them. Back to Samsung to be told I would have to contact the repair company and make my own arrangements when they would pay for the parts and repair if it proved to be a manufacturing fault. Back to the repair company who wanted £104 to do the inspection which Samsung would refund. Back to Samsung who then told me they would not refund the inspection but would fund the actual repair subject to the inspection which meant they would pay the £5.00 for the new capacitors. Comet who supplied the TV advised contacting the Consumer protection people but admitted it could take up to 6 months in the local area to get anything done and I would still have to fund the inspection.

Leaving my wife without a television while I was out of the country was not an option. I bought a new one and I'll replace the capacitors myself.

To me Samsung are on a self destruct course if they carry on in this way because I will never purchase anything of theirs again.

same problem with mine a few months ago, 3 yr old tv same problem, rung round some places got quoted 80-100 quid couldnt be bothered with samsung or currys, didnt fancy paying 100 quid so did some research, took the board out the tv and 3 bulging capacitors, 2.20 at maplin and 5 minutes of soldering later and it was fixed. good as new.