Ending Permission to hold Data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moved house last year & couldn't settle the electric bill so they were happy to spread payments over about 10 months.

Didn't have Septembers payment money but I knew I have some cash coming this month so i thought I would just settle the balance which I shall do.

Unfortunately this new house has the same supplier when we moved in & my better half just took over the supply here (in her surname) for speed.

Bill arrives today for payment, which is fine, but also (coincidentally or not) a letter addressed to the landlord.

I wish to send them the F&F payment stating that this ends our business relationship and they do not have further permission to store or use my data or contact anyone in relation to our previous association.

Can anyone advise specific legislation presumably under the 1998 Data Protection Act?

TIA

Hmmm, not erntirely sure.

You could write to them to ask them to confirm that they are aware that your business relationship has ended and therefore they no longer have the right to hold your data.

See what they say - if they don't then maybe ask them to provide evidence that they were allowed in the form of an agreement/contract from when the relationship started?!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hmmm, not erntirely sure.

You could write to them to ask them to confirm that they are aware that your business relationship has ended and therefore they no longer have the right to hold your data.

See what they say - if they don't then maybe ask them to provide evidence that they were allowed in the form of an agreement/contract from when the relationship started?!

Thanks for your reply UB - that's got me thinking as I'm pretty sure I have never signed anything other than the cheque lol.

As I remember it (5 years ago) I simply gave them my name & address and told them what the meter reading was - same as the missus did here.

All the problems actually came about because when I phoned up to order a "final reading" prior to moving they told me I wasn't allowed to because the account holder was "Miss so & so" who I had never heard of.

After 20 minutes on the mobile trying to convince them it was mine I told them to bill "Miss so & so" then!

Thanks for your reply UB - that's got me thinking as I'm pretty sure I have never signed anything other than the cheque lol.

As I remember it (5 years ago) I simply gave them my name & address and told them what the meter reading was - same as the missus did here.

All the problems actually came about because when I phoned up to order a "final reading" prior to moving they told me I wasn't allowed to because the account holder was "Miss so & so" who I had never heard of.

After 20 minutes on the mobile trying to convince them it was mine I told them to bill "Miss so & so" then!

Well, if the account is in the name of someone you never heard of, you don't own the debt, so don't worry about it!!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Yes, I was a bit slow then (pre-CAG lol:D)

It had been my name on the bills coming in for 5 years though!

I'm sorry, I don't wuite understand your post.......

The account is in someone's name who you don't know, but the bills were in your name?

I would have thought that it's the account holder's responsibility - not the correspondence address. That's why I have ALWAYS made sure that everyone I lived with when I was renting was named as an account holder.

If you aren't an account holder then you have no contract with the company and therefore they havn't agreed to supply you with a product and therefore you haven't agreed to pay them either.

My charges claims:

Default removals: