chuff1 v capital one

chuff1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

Posted a letter to mr Robert Udy about a fortnight ago asking for all my charges dating back to 1999 to be returned as they are unlawful under common law etc.

Got a reply back today, the standard goodwill gesture where they take OFT ruling to mean that £12 is fair and reduce my charges to take that into consideration thereby offering £227.

Sent a letter back stating that OFT did not say that was a fair charge, only that, that was a maximum charge that would probably include manual intervention etc not the automated type of charging that has been occuring on my account.

Therefore whilst accepting any of my money back would now demand that all my charges be re-imbursed before the end of the month or I will make a claim in the County Court.

Hopefully as that kind Mr Udy would say "Put this experience behind us"

• 2 weeks later...

got this back today

Thank you for writing back to me about my final offer to refund fees weve added. Im sorry to hear that you feel my offer is unacceptable.

As I alredy explained we are confident our fees are both fair and legal and Im disappointed to hear youre considering court action.Were still working withthe the OFT to resolve the issues theyve brought up.They havent told us that we are obliged to refund any fees, and weve offered refunds as a gesture of goodwill.

This offer is open to you, however I wont be incresing this, as it is my final offer.Ive included another settlement form for you to sign and return if you decide you want to accept this.

Financial regulations require me to advise you that this is my final response in relation to this matter. However, you now have the option to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months fron the the date of this letter.

I suppose the next step is to make court claim??

Will have to wait till pay day (3 weeks away) grrr!

Any other advice or comments would be much appreciated

Thanx