AKTIV KAPITAL (UK) LTD Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im trying to sort out my OH's finances so I thought I would take Experian up on their 30 day free credit check. I was expecting only to see one default with HSBC which I am currently dealing with, but to my surprise there was one for a company called AKTIV KAPTIAL.

The debt is for £125 its marked as settled March this year, and states that it was default in 2006.

After speaking to OH at lunch time he says that hes not 100% sure what its for, but thinks it could be the result of a HP he had through Powerhouse. He says he missed a few payments but caught up and as a result there was charges added to his account and thats what the £125 is made up of.

So firstly can they put a default on his credit record for this and can I get it removed if it is just made up of charges? and secondly can I reclaim the charges?

Edited by scatz1972
spelling

Hi

It was the large electrical store. But just realised its the HP company I need not the store...I will get OH to call Aktiv on Monday to see who their client was.

Edited by scatz1972

The £1 fee is for when you request a CCA ( Consumer Credit Agreement )

The £10 fee is for when you request a SAR ( Subjuct Access Request )

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

Scatz1972 just to make you aware incase you didn't already know but Aktiv kapital are also known as Thames Credit. You should telephone them on Monday and i urge you to deal with Jayne Maberley who is a corrispondance manager for head office and she can be contacted on 0800 015 5505 extention 133. She is currently dealing with an account for me and is very helpful indeed

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Thanks Hawk 1979,is a sar, statements, and any other info they may hold on me, I have a right to see and do I send the sar to the dca or the initial lending company, I have recently sent off a few cca requests, enclosing the £1.00 fee to the collecting agencies, now do I wait 12 days or 40, sorry for all the questions, I have probably read the answers on the site, but like to be sure. I really am very grateful

Maddiemay you would be better to send a CCA with the £1 fee to the collection agency. And send a SAR request to the original company. Without a true signed copy of a credit agreement the debt is unenforceable. That means the collection company can't collect and will have to pass it back to the original company. The SAR request is basically everything the company hold on there systems about yourself. Statments etc.

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Any update ?

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Hi no not as of yet...OH called the number you gave and he left a message but they havent rung back yet.

He is home early tonight so I will chase him to give them a call....its a shame they wont speak to me.

Will update you when I hear something. :D

Well let me know if you would require any further help etc. I would advice you to speak to Jayne Maberley on 0800 015 5505 extention 133. When you get through there will ask for the account number etc. Look forward to getting your update

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Bump!

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Hi :D

OH spoke to Thames Credit and he has got the OC name and account number. So I am going to sort out a SAR for them, its First National.

If as I suspect this debt is solely made up of charges can we get the charges back from first national and can we get the default removed from the credit file as it is 100% charges.

Hi Scatz1972

If First National is a bank which i think it is, then i'd send them a letter requesting statment going back 6 years which there need to supply you and can charge no more than £10. Then what you need to do then is work out the charges and claim them back i will message later with the letter you should send to the bank and will pm you a link so you can work out the amounts to claim when you get the statments etc.

Good Luck

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Oh I'm still confused I think I may have got it all wrong, maybe trying to do too many in one go,trying to do husbs business running credit accounts, his personal credit cards and bank accounts and my own credit cards, phew !! so far I have sar'd about 10 credit cards and 5 running accounts, still more to go,in addition to answering the phone to them all, waiting for I/R to knock the door for unpaid PAYE & VAT,tutoring our son at home as we removed him because he was being bullied and no other place could be found for him, my oldest sons wife has left him and disapeared with the children,and I have suffered with anxiety for years and had a complete breakdown earlier this year and husb just buries his head and hope it will go away or I deal with it, we tried to keep our business running, paying the staff with borrowed money to keep their jobs, in the hope we would get that big job,which of course never came, not trying to get out of paying anything (although I'd like too just to be rid of the pressure and be a Mum) just need everyone to agree to a small amount for now, without adding loads on top and court action which we don't understand, already have a charging order on our house as we did'nt know how to deal with it. Oh I'm so sorry, to clarify sar goes to dca and cca goes to original lender with £10.00 and for that £10.00 I get all statements or a statement of charges. This site is the greatest,I spend all the time I can reading and trying to learn in which order everything goes, and what it all means. Ops there I go again, sorry, I'm really grateful to you all, as this kind of thing cannot be discussed with anyone else and believe me I need someone to help. Thanks so much

Thanks Pinky, cracked it now, sent off about 10 SAR's so far and 2 CCA's, Vanquis said they need £5 per statement !! I dont think so Vanquis.I am trying to deal with my own c/cards, my husb's and his business debts so the type of creditors vary just to complicate matters even more. Thanks again.

Hi

Sorted out the SAR and covering letter. I have addressed it to:

First National (GE Money)

53-61 College Road

Harrow

Middlesex

HA1 1FB

Does anyone know if this is the correct address for them, GE Money seem to have alot of different addresses. Also should I make the cheque payable to GE Money?

Send it here Scatz1972

First National House

79 College Road

HARROW Middlesex

HA1 1FB

Contact Kevin Turner

0208 909 4926

[email protected]

Good Luck

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Okay got a letter back from GE Money today (first national) with just a list of charge's that were added to my account. Considering I sent a SAR you would have thought that they would have sent a bit more info.

Anyway the charges come to the exact same amount as the debt that was sold to AKTIV which is no surprise!

Now AKTIV were the ones that defaulted my OH how do I go about getting them to remove the default? as the amount was all charges that First National applied to my account.

Also can I reclaim the charges like my credit card charges?