Partners "old" Vodafone Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning....

I wondered if some kind person could advise me on what I would do to clear the following up....

When I met my other half she had a mobile contract with vodafone and had been for a couple of years. All payments made via D/Debit and on time for the full amount.

In 2006 when her contract was up for renewal she contacted vodafone and made a request for a particular handset to be told that it was not available. Upon doing a little bit of shopping around, she found the handset she wanted along with a better deal (Minutes / Txts) so rang Vodafone back to cancel her contract, she was advised that they would need her to confirm in writing (she was also informed a fax would suffice, which I "personally" faxed from the office the following day) and a copy was sent by post to - Vodafone Limited, PO Box 549, Banbury, OX17 3ZJ. (I still have copies of the letter on file)

A few months later she started to receive demanding letters from a company called "Capquesto" who started to demand immeadiate payment of £128.63, now this is not for call charges as she stopped using the handset when her new one arrived (26th June 2006). I contacted Capquesto by email to explain the above and the last we heard was - "we will investigate and be in touch".... if anything Vodafone owe her money as they took money from her account.

Now she has recently signed up to CreditExpert and "Suprise Suprise" there is a Default issued against her by Vodafone :confused:

Now, what would my course of action be? and is there anything "official looking" I can send them to let them know we mean business.

Thanks

Write to: Quality Assurance, Vodafone Ltd, Pembroke House, Banbury Business Park, Aynho Road, Adderbury, Banbury, Oxon, OX17 3NS as this is the department that deals with anything to do with credit files.

Enclose copy of cancellation letter and any correspondence with the debt collection agencies. Best to send recorded delivery. Did you get any confirmation from vodafone that they had received your cancellation letter? Did she cancel her direct debit at the same time? If so it's possible that there would have been a final invoice to pay.

Sent a strongly worded email to their customer care team as well as a directors email address I stumbled across.

Yesterday I received a response advising me on where the amount owed had come from and also aknowledgement that they did not receive a notice of cancellation (which was sent and faxed).

As a gesture of goodwill the default will be removed from her file within 48hrs ;-)

I was going to chase them for the monies she paid after she terminated her contract but my job is done.... default removed and she has a nice clean credit file again :)