Woolwich - Data Protection Act - reply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my Data Protection Act- Subject Access Request - letter a few days ago to the Woolwich and got this back from Peter Townsend of Barclays:

Dear XXXX

We refer to your letter of xxx, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information under the terms of Data Protection Act ("the D P A").

As requested, a schedule of charges is in due course of preparation and this will be sent to you shortly by the Woolwich; there will be no charge for this service. As the Bank is providing this information on a complimentary basis, your payment is returned herewith.

As regards your mention of "manual intervention", the Data Protection Act does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the Data Protection Act. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Townsend

Manager, Barclays Data Protection

Hmmm. Any thoughts please anybody? How I should respond :confused:

Lloyds TSB - £3,300.00 + £250.00 from FOS.

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED***

Don't worry. Just wait for your statements and proceed with each stage of the claim. Just remember, you set the timescales, not them.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi I received the same letter today from Peter Townsend too no less!! This appears to be a standard letter they are sending out to all of us requesting DAR's. They also returned my cheque saying they will do this free of charge, basically the letter says that there has been no Manual Intervention on your account but they are not going to admit it! Let the games begin eh?? :D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.