You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

chinnygirl

Egg card is this PPI?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3950 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I ve just went threw my egg card and noticed i have paid varuoise amounts of money every month called..CREDIT CARD REPAYMENT PROTECTOR.what is this??? i didnt ask for this?? could it be PPI?

Edited by chinnygirl
mbna card also has a payment protection cover?? can they call it anything this is confusing!!1

Sounds like it ... you can give them a quick call and ask as it is payment protection insurance cover.

How long have you had the card and do you recall agreeing to the cover being added to your account, either during a conversation or by ticking a box on the credit agreement when you took out the card?

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

I can not remeber if i agreed to the ppi.I have also sent them an e mail as they stated i didnt have the ppi on my account but when i checked my statement it had CREDIT CARD REPAYMENT PROTECTOR on it ... so this is why im asking your advise as im woundering if its worded different on different cards/loans etc ? thanks

Give them a call and inform that of this inconsistency. Ask them to verify that what appears on your monthly statements is indeed payment protection insurance, it cannot be anything else.

Short call, simple answer, then proceed to reclaiming your money ... :)

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Thanks Can I Also Ask Ive Asked For Bank Charges Back But They Said I Have To Wait Till Its All Been Sorted At Court? Is This Right Now!

I recently got my charges back from Egg (this was less than £100 though). The Credit Card Repayment Protector is PPI and it was added to my account also in 2004 without my permission. When was yours added?

i think when i first got my card,

Has anyone been told they can not claim till its been resolved with the court cases all the banks are at.

i have just recived this e mail today what should i do now??? please advise this is what they have taken off me?

Dear Mrs Ellis

I'm unable to refund £355.33 for Card Repayment Protections as you added this when you applied for your Egg Card online and it was removed when asked.

If you've any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Sian Fleming

Internet Customer Services

please can someone help me about the above thread what i need to do next to this reply i had from egg? thanks

Hi Chinneygirl,

First of all i have the same problem with Egg and i have been dealing with a director and received a letter in the post today and in the letter is an amount that Egg are willing to pay me back. Which includes unpaid direct debit fees, Card protection Plan (CPP) and Card Repayment Protection (CRP). Egg have basically agreed to pay these charges back in full. The people I am dealing with and i would recomend everyone else to deal with are as follows.

Kathy Curzon 08007 834 393 ext 6157

Wendy Schratz - wendy.schratz@citi.com ; wendy.schratz@egg.com

Dont let them fob you off, I even had to file this in county court which cost me £25.00, I then emailed Wendy and told her that i had registered it with the court and hope that Egg pay in full as if it ends up at court it would only incure more money for Egg to pay out.

• Haha 2

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

thanks for that hawk can you recommend what i should say in the e mail to her? much appreciated

what should i say to this e mail or will i e mail the person who hawkk says?

I got a cheque in the post today payment in full £250.64 p and when it clears i will then stop the court action hehe. Brillianr. Chinnygirl any update ?

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

i have today received a letter from FOs upholding my complaint for missold ppi from egg and stating they should pay me compensation, egg passed my debt to dlc and registered a default notice on my file i am insisting this is removed what are the chances of egg appealing this, payign full compensation i have a debtg of around 3,000 encompassing ppi and just want this written off and the default notice remmoved with the account closed any advice greatly received they have 21 days

FOS say egg did not pay due regard to the information needs of me and sold a product to me that was unsuitable for me

Hello judyj,

you are currently tagged onto an old thread. If you click this link .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

then add your own title you will have your own thread which make threads a little easier to follow.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.