Re: Me vs MBNA court case looming help please / **DISCONTINUED**

Mr Happy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Happy,

Congratulations im pleased that we have another consumer that is now not scared of these bully boy financial organisations what you have now learnt here will put you in good stead for the future.

Well Done and Good Luck

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Mr Happy:):):):)

Well done, Iv'e added some smiles for you.

Flagged a press report earlier: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/231824-hfc-losses.html

Apparently HSBC have had to put at least £5 billion into HFC to plug the 'black hole' in their accounts.

Can only imagine that MBNA's British credit cards operation is fairing no better otherwise they would't be employing clowns like Restons to try and get some dosh in.

David

I will send my costs invoice now, should I also claim for all the illegal fees charged or just let it go with a saving of 18K ;).

I have seen adverts for credit card companies recently luring in potential victims, there should be warnings that if your circumstances change you will be hounded to hell until you pay, fight or die.

I got into trouble because they glamorised the platinum credit card, gave regular credit limit increases and encouraged me to spend more, they must take responsibility for their actions and hopeful this case taught them a lesson, I am sure they will not learn from it but a lesson has been taught.

I will send my costs invoice now, should I also claim for all the illegal fees charged or just let it go with a saving of 18K ;).

I have seen adverts for credit card companies recently luring in potential victims, there should be warnings that if your circumstances change you will be hounded to hell until you pay, fight or die.

I got into trouble because they glamorised the platinum credit card, gave regular credit limit increases and encouraged me to spend more, they must take responsibility for their actions and hopeful this case taught them a lesson, I am sure they will not learn from it but a lesson has been taught.

IMHO, I would settle for the costs to date.. so put in your wasted costs order.

I am really happy for you.. I am now going to amend your title and shift you over to the legal success forums . Well done, a well deserved win. :-)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:D

Well done Mr Happy

we too are very happy too:lol: and given them a run for their money or not ;)

anyway inspiring thread and fab result,

always keep positive everyone it can be done

laters all angel x8)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

well done too! Mr happy ! Its always so cheering to read about another victory against Restons!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I have drafted an expense order, just wanted to get your advise before sending, is it asking for too much? is the format suitable?

Where is reference to the labour charge validity available?

Any advice welcome.

IN THE XXXXX COUNTY COURTCLAIM NUMBER XXXXXX

BETWEEN

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Claimant

and

Mr XXXX XXXX

Defendant

Reasonable expenses for litigant in person encountered during preparation of court bundle and correspondence to XXXXXXXXX, payable according to court order dated XXXXXXXXXX from District Judge XXXXXX.

Labour @ £9.25 ph

Letters @ £15 each

Travel @ 40p pm

Parking @ Cost

Letters x 5 £75

Labour x 52 £481

Travel x 16 £6.40

Parking x 1 £5

Plus court time XXXXXXXXXXXdate

Labour x 2 £18.50

Travel x 16 £6.40

Parking x 1 £5

Sub total £597.30

Plus wasted expenses preparing for multi-track court appearance

Labour x 20 £185

Letter x 1 £15

Total £797.30

I will check all number for accuracy in addition etc

Hi Mr Happy.

Like you, I am also calculating costs with MBNA.Was dealing with them for just over a year. My total figure is very simmilar to yours. I had passed the pre-trial check list stage and also had made an application for further court orders before trial

I have drafted an expense order, just wanted to get your advise before sending, is it asking for too much? is the format suitable?

Where is reference to the labour charge validity available?

Any advice welcome.

I will check all number for accuracy in addition etc

Hi Mr Happy

No, those costs are about tha same as mine that i put into CL Finance/Howard Cohen.

I've got a Court hearing in January, will let you know how i get on with my costs.

Put it this way if it goes to a hearing all the Judge can do is say, not happy with that will allow you this amount for that part of the claim.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a letter from Restons offering £500 as full settlement,

This is my reply does it sound fair.

Without prejudice save as to costs

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated 25th November 2009, regarding your offer of £500 for full settlement of the discontinued court case reference 8XXXXXX, after consideration I have decided to set aside your offer as I consider the costs to be justified and proportionate to the time spend preparing my defence, the majority of cost above your offer are for preparation of the multi-track case which should not have arisen as there was no more evidence given between summary judgement and the eventual discontinuation.

Regards

Mr H, this is what surfaceagentx20 has to say about offers that come in regarding costs.

After Having Sent the Bill and N252.

Make a note when the 25 days will be up.

I would expect the opposition to make contact with you in an attempt to settle the question of your costs. So as to avoid hassle and heartache, I would be prepared to settle at anything which came to about one third rather than two thirds of the hypothetical solicitor’s bill. On my example, that would be around £300.00 plus the court fee. You may want to settle at something less just to be shot of it.

If any offer comes in which is wildly below £300.00 post to this site for advice. I would imagine the opposition will be very keen to settle since objecting will tie them into expense they will wish to avoid and any savings will soon be wiped out by employing a solicitor to deal with the objections.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I spoke to my other half about it and she said to take the money and run, I was thinking that they have agreed to pay and that they are quite likely to pay all of it, guessing they are bluffing about not paying it all as they have done throughout the whole process, but I do agree it would be nice to get it over and done with and some spending money for Christmas (minus my CAG donation).

That is really why I posted it here always appreciating the voice of reason.

CAG is for life not just for Christmas.

Having just recently been in court, the amount the judge awarded me worked out to about 75% of what I had on my bill of costs..

It is a decision only you can make. Good luck x :)

BCOBS

I'd give Restons another opportunity to increase their offer - create a hotmail account and e-mail them.

Bouchier's e-mail address is on the docs or in the public domain.

Give them a time of 4.00 pm, and 3 days on, and give them a figure you will accept and payable within 7 days.

Imply that you will very happily let a Judge decide the issue, together with the added costs of you have to attend the hearing.

You hold the aces here....not Restons.

I'd look between £600.00 and £650.00 ;)

The end (I hope)

I sent Restons a chance to settle for £650 and gave them 7 days before I would send them a copy of my N252, didn't need 7 days the cheque was sent by return post, thank you Restons.

Thanks everyone for your help, thanks CAG for being here

The end (I hope)

I sent Restons a chance to settle for £650 and gave them 7 days before I would send them a copy of my N252, didn't need 7 days the cheque was sent by return post, thank you Restons.

Excellent stuff, well done!!

David

Fantastic. :D:D

BCOBS

• 4 months later...

Congratulations Mr. Happy.

Your thread gives hope to people like me who are just starting out on the long tussle with MBNA/Reston's. It really gave me great pleasure to read the final outcome.

Fantastic news - this is really what it is all about in the end, the only way is to stand up find the courage within, take advice from this wonderful site and truely helpful and encouraging friends here and fight back

and now you have the thread to prove to others it can be done and a fab win is always possible as long as the defence is properley and correctly followed and actioned

keep positive all

laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 1 month later...

Just like to add my best wishes. Have read the thread from start to finish and taken lots of notes for my looming case with Bos http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/251664-g-bank-scotland-scm.html

With the speed and efficiency of the legal system hopefully (with the help of Caggers) I will have another legal success by the time the olympics come around.