Provident Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan with Provient last year and was paying it fine until I moved, I notified provident at the time and my mum told the doorstep collector my address on 2 separate occasions, The Provident area manager came to my new address in October of last year to confirm i lived there and told me a new collection agent would be round with a week, I didnt hear anything for a couple of weeks so phoned them 4 times over the course of a month telling them my new address and that i wanted to clear the balance but on one ever came, one thing after another came up and I forgot about the debt until yesterday when i got a letter from Moorcroft Debt recovery saying "I am disappointed to note that desipte our letters and attempted personal calls by our local representative no satisfactory agreement has been reached"

I've never had any correspondance from them or anyone call at the house, so the content of the letter is very rude.

My query is although I dont dispute that I owe the money has Provident broken any rules/laws by ignoring my repeated requests for someone to collect the money and by just passing it to the debt collection agency?

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Barclaycard 1 - MCOL sent 1/9/06 £432.29[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=1]Barclaycard 2 - Data Protection Act [COLOR=purple]sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Capital One 1 - Prelim sent 28/8/06 £916[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Capital One 2 - Data Protection Act sent 2/8/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Marbles - MCOL sent 30/08/06 £1225.23[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Black Horse - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]CitiCards - Data Protection Act sent 4/8/06 cheque cashed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta]HFC - SAR sent 5/9/06[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

They are well within their rights to do this, but I would suggest a strongly worded letter of complaint outlining the previous communications be sent to Provident, it is their shoddy procedures which have resulted in this account becoming delinquent

I would send a letter to Moorcroft that you have heard nothing from Provident about Moorcroft being involved and you therefore regard their actions as an attempted [problem].

Should they persist then you will report them to the police for attempted fraud.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)