Tilly Is Going Bankrupt (here we go again )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok the way i see it i have 3 options

1. Try and prove the house was undersold, after all what s gone on last few months, dont know if i could hack it at the mo to be honest,

2. Let them chase me for 12 years, to be honest i dont think i could cope with that.

3. Go Bankcrupt and knock it all the head so to speak, fresh start in a year or so with nothing hanging over my head or lurking in the shadows,

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the way i see it i have 3 options

1. Try and prove the house was undersold, after all what s gone on last few months, dont know if i could hack it at the mo to be honest,

The offer you had was very low though wasn't it around £120K?

2. Let them chase me for 12 years, to be honest i dont think i could cope with that.

And as soon as you get back on your feet you'll have this huge debt to contend with, and will most likely end up BR in years to come.

3. Go Bankcrupt and knock it all the head so to speak, fresh start in a year or so with nothing hanging over my head or lurking in the shadows,

Now is the best time to do it before you return to work, on benefits you will have no IPA to pay and will be discharged within the year.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Now is the best time to do it before you return to work, on benefits you will have no IPA to pay and will be discharged within the year.

Fantastic advice.

I couldnt agree more.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Fantastic advice.

I couldnt agree more.

yep i agree too :)

Seems its decided-now Tilly come and join Tawnyowl and others on Bankrupycy thread-AWFUL QUIET WHEN YOU ARE NOT ABOUT-:).Would like some company.Like people say while on benefit best thing to do-and anyway would give high odds on other half going that way.Dont want to worry for the next twelve years.Would give you so many sleepless nights..Final two furlongs i feel-bankruptcy and new home coming soon..Good luck Tawnyowl.:)

Tilly and Tawnyowl - I am 2 years (on 12th of this month) down the line from reposession and would recommend the bankruptcy route. In my case they can't get much as I have no assets and am just waiting for somebody to set the ball rolling - have a feeling it will be GMAC as I am NOT paying their alleged shortfall - if they hadn't included the 'early repayment charge' in the amount it would mean THEY OWE ME. Come the fight (if it does) that is going to be my ammo....

All I can say is keep every single letter and record of debt that you have, they CAN and WILL come chasing one by one as soon as they get a sniff of a change of circumstances.

As far as sleepless nights go I have a lot of remedies for that and NONE work.... except maybe putting the alarm clock out of your immediate line of vision!

Good luck in both your decisions - and keep us all posted here of the progress (or lack of).

Last hurdle! ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Tilly, Just to say 'Good Luck' hun

Lex

• Haha 1

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Tilly :)

I'm still following your threads quietly. I really hope this is some form of closure for you - i think you've earnt it! ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful

I hope so too :)

Taken me a long time to decide whether to go Bankrupt, but after a lot of thinking

and advise, from good peeps here, also from cab and also a meeting this afternoon

with an insolvency adviser(thingy lol) who advised me to go bankrupt due to the large

shortfall amount, and also ex going for it, so although my mind was made up, i really

had no choice in the end,

Tilly

still gonna keep an eye on u tills

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

For what it's worth i think you've made the right decision. Your ex going for it is a big factor as you shouldn't be left 'carrying the can' as it were and left with sole responsibility for any shortfall. And as for ME they've had their pound of flesh and deserve no more from you. Ooo i could call them some obscene names, so i dread to think what you could say :eek::p

Take care of you :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I know if I was in the same position as you Tilly, it is the choice I would make. Your ex's choice sealed the deal in my opinion. You've been left to pick up the pieces too often in this history. You shouldn't be stuck with paying the shortfall as well!

But you will be given a chance for a proper fresh start- there is always a silver lining.

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Some one needs to check ur behaving.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I thought that was our job? Or is that her children's?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Tilly,

Is there any reason why a shortfall on the house sale could not be pursued after a Bankrupcy, when you have had time to regroup, sorry recoup, that's my fighting talk again!

Termi

X

What do you mean:confused: - the shortfall is the main reason for bankruptcy and once Tilly is BR no one can chase her for it EVER.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Tilly,

Is there any reason why a shortfall on the house sale could not be pursued after a Bankrupcy, when you have had time to regroup, sorry recoup, that's my fighting talk again!

Termi

X

I think what was meant, in good faith, was could **Lilly** not pursue any body who had caused a shortfall, I.E estate agent, after her discharge from BR.

But as we know, there will be no need.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.